Local server. Local IP vs DNS dynamic

Hello good afternoon. In advance, congratulations on the Blynk project. I have a small “problem”: I made a local blynk server with a raspberry pi, inside my Wi-Fi network I can only connect with the machine’s IP, outside the local network with dynamic dns. So far so good. The problem lies in the following. Whenever I want to connect in one way or another, I have to switch IPs to communicate. Is there any way around this? That is, connect with only a single IP, regardless of the Internet connection? I contacted my Internet provider, to whom he informed me that there are 2 completely different things that maybe who can help me would be the technical support of the application. Can you help me? I don’t know if I made myself understood. I look forward to a reply as soon as possible. Thanks. Bruno Santos

This has been discussed before…

Pete.

Where please?
Thanks.

You don’t think that the topic I provided a link to is relevant to your question?

Pete.

1 Like

Sorry I didn’t see it before. I have a tp link TL-WR841N. I’ve been around and I don’t know how to set it up. I have a DNS noip. I’m new to this and I don’t have a lot of knowledge about networks, etc. Can you help please? At least which menu should I go to. :frowning: Thanks.

Image taken from the Internet

found this on https://duckduckgo.com/?q=dynamic+dns+TL-WR841N&t=ffsb&ia=images&iax=images

take a look is easy as that also dont forget to open the port
http://screenshots.portforward.com/routers/TP-Link/TL-WDR4300/Dynamic_DNS.htm

Thanks for answering me, but I don’t think that helps me, since my DNS is active and works perfectly. I just can’t connect to my public IP over the local network … Or am I doing something wrong. Ah, I forgot to say, I have a local network with two routers in Bridge mode for file sharing.

because you are behind NAT ! when your router behind the NAT the port forward can’t be working

My network is made this way.

Enable DMZ on your modem then forwarding the ports from your tplink to 192.168.1.1

I have the dmz configured with the server IP (rpi), as it is connected via Wi-Fi to the second router.

I can connect to the server in any part of the network, either by first or second router.

I don’t know if I made myself understood, but I will repeat it in another way. My local network at this moment is as in the drawing, if my phone is connected by Wi-Fi, no port to which router, I can only enter the application through the machine’s internal IP (server raspberry pi, 192.168.1. 72) through port 8080, if you disconnect the Wi-Fi from your mobile phone, you turn on 4G, I can only enter the application with a public IP dns (37.189.92.XXX) through port 9443. In other words, I always wanted to connect with my Public IP whether or not connected via Wi-Fi or 4G. Simply not to have the inconvenience of having to change the ips or whatever it is. I believe it is simple and it works, as there are members on the forum who say so, but I don’t know how to do it. I don’t understand anything about this. :frowning:

Under normal circumstances, if you have your app set-up to access the server via the No-IP address then the traffic should go out to the internet, be re-directed back to your public IP then on to your Blynk server. The only time this won’t work is if your internet connection is down.

However, it seems that one of your routers is unhappy with this arrangement and is preventing this “out, then back in again” flow of traffic.
A better router than the d-link may give you more options about traffic handling in these situations, but the sure-fire way is probably to set-up your own DNS server on your Blynk server and change your DHCP settings on your d-link router so that your devices use this DNS setting.
Your DNS server will then be configured to route traffic intended for your No-IP url directly to the Blynk server, and all other traffic out to a regular external DNS server. This will overcome both your current issue and the issue caused by no internet connection.

This obviously isn’t a Blynk thing, it’s to do with your local networking setup.

Pete.

I understand… Any link that explains how to configure DNS on the server, in this case raspberry pi? Thanks.

My hourly rate is $79:90 and I think @PeteKnight’s is at least the double! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

With your limited knowledge on networks and RPI’s (Linux) you really need to “hit the books” to get a basic understanding about what your’re trying to do. I don’t want to sound rude, but similar questions have been asked and answered many times before on this forum alone - just use the search function. It’s getting boring to answer them again and again!

And with "books" I mean “the Internet”! :nerd_face:

1 Like

Watch this video is not about blynk but i’tll help you understand more about DNS ans port foward and also while you at it get the VPN , now that i have the VPN i can access to any device on my local network from the outside world you just not gonna get access from outside but an extra layer of security. https://youtu.be/15VjDVCISj0?t=1

In my work area, fare and my books are much more expensive than yours. My son, no one is born taught. Hug.

You could do one thing buddy, connect it to the wifi and enable port forwarding with the concerned IP address of Internal. Remember to change port from 80 because most ISP don’t allow connection to 80. Also enable the remote management so that you could connect to your Router’s public IP address. That can help you. And also set a password using any server so that no unauthorised access your Router. One more thing, set your router’s IP address from Dynamic to Static so that IP address won’t change again and again when you restart the router