Local Blynk server and data processing?

Hello!

As the topic title suggests, I am wondering whether the data sent to the local Blynk server could be processed before being sent to the smartphone.

For instance my hardware (MKR1000) could send data to a virtual pin, then a (third-party) script could read the data at this virtual pin, process it and send the outcome to (another) virtual pin, to be displayed by the Blynk phone app.

Thanks in advance for your feedback. :slight_smile:

Hello. Yes this is possible in case of Wi-Fi connection. You can use webhooks to trigger some url and after processing is finished you can call Blynk HTTP API to update results in app. By the way what data processing do you mean?

It depends what you want to do, but it might be worth you looking at Node-Red.
I run Node-Red on a local Rpi server along with mosquito, which is an MQTT server. Very easy to set-up using Peter Scargill’s script.
I have Blynk running on my iPhone/IPad. The Node-Red server talks to the Blynk server (I use the cloud server at the moment) then talks to my ESP8266 devices via MQTT.
The big advantage of using Node-Red is that you can write your own functions that allow you to combine data from multiple sources very easily, or use the data you have in a variety of ways.
Take a look at this video for a quick intro:

Pete.

Thank you Dmitriy and PeteKnight for your answers.
At least, I know now that there is no red brick wall :slight_smile:

Basically I will try to detect events from the raw data from one or multiple sensors. I’ll study the 2 approaches you suggested. Bye!