LED and LCD widgets

@Costas

no, i think i explained not right. I WANT USE BLYNK APP, but from world wide. Is this possible?
Control for example from Munich my Garage Door, and get back the information via magnetic contact to my LCD Display.

Yes that’s what Blynk’s all about, controlling devices from thousands of miles away via the internet.

As long as your hardware is connected to the Blynk server you have control of your garage door from anywhere.

The reason you don’t need to do the normal port forwarding is because your hardware is connected to the Blynk server and your Smartphone is also connected to the Blynk server.

If you set up your own Blynk server then you need to do port forwarding but not with the Cloud server.

Okay.

how can i connect my ESP8266 to the Blynk Server?
Is it free of charge?

You have been connected to the Blynk server haven’t you?

It’s free for basic projects i.e. you receive 2000 Energy units when you sign up.

i have it, sorry Costas.

Regarding energy, if i buy energy i will have it always, so even if i delet something i get it back?

Yes the widgets can be used over and over again.

@Costas

Does the blynk app controling has function if the ESP8266 is in deep sleep?

How can i sign up for blynk? As i can see in my app, i can buy energy from 1000 up to 28.000.

@Tom yes Blynk can be used when an ESP wakes from DeepSleep.

To sign up you just buy Energy from the Google or Apple stores. I don’t use iOS but believe it’s the same as Android where you just click on the buy button in the app.

@Costas

Thanks a lot!

Regarding deep sleep, i put into my timmer (GarageTimer) the following code an make the wiring with GPIO16 to RST, all is enough?

ESP.deepSleep(60000000); --> what Time is the best?
delay(100); --> what Time is the best?

Yes GPIO16 and RST is all you need to wake from deepSleep.

Best time for deepSleep depends on your project. Maximum is around 75 minutes and the timing is sometimes only 95% accurate.

I normally have 1000ms after the deepSleep call.

@Costas

Values in the ESP.deepSleep( xxxx ) is milli seconds or same as in delay ( xxx ) ?

delay uses ms and deepSleep microseconds!
Take care with the data type size for deepSleep. You should use the L notation for long.
Also many people use this notation rather than one huge number, just define the variables accordignly.

ESP.deepSleep(sleepSeconds * sleepMinutes);

@Costas

one more question:

ESP.deepSleep(60000000); // Sleep for 60 seconds

What does “sleep for 60 seconds” means? After 60 seconds he wakes up for a short and then if nothing happens he falls innto deep sleep again?

Yes if you have deepSleep in your timed function it will repeat the cycle.

@Costas

It works realy like the following way?

“What does “sleep for 60 seconds” means? After 60 seconds he wakes up for a short and then if nothing happens he falls innto deep sleep again?” -> but when i trigger during the 60 seconds he wakes up for the function and than falls a sleep again.

And deepsleep has to be in the Setup () or Timer?

deepSleep will need to be in the timer routine if you actually want it to send any data to Blynk.
It would go at the end of the timer routine.

Not sure what the other part of your question means.

@Costas

what i mean is, if you can explain me the deepsleep?
What exact means the Time in ESP.deepSleep(60000000).
As i understand right the esp sleeps for 60 seconds, but

1. What happens after the 60 seconds?
  2. What happens when the esp would be triggered after for example 30 seconds?

Once you have put it to sleep it does exactly that, sleeps.
You can’t wake the ESP with software once it has gone to sleep but you can reset the hardware in different ways if required.

So if it sleeps, i can not trigger by pushing a button in the Blynk app which normally triggers GPIO13?