Learning Blynk with esp 8266

Hello there,

can you help me learning how make simple switch on/ off to turn led with ARDUINO UNO +esp 8266 -01

newbie here want to learn BLYNK

Do you have your have your arduino sending its AT commands to the esp and connecting yet?

please take a look at the “sketch builder” in the upper right corner of the screen

i dont know the first thing what should i chose on tools>board ?

arduino/genuino uno OR generic esp 8266 module OR spark fun ESP 8266 Thing ?

Select Uno because that is the hardware you have chosen to use. As you have very limited knowledge I would recommend you forget Arduino’s for now and just use the ESP in Standalone mode. If you get to grips with that you can move back to the very complex Uno with ESP set up.

Start with these couple of tutorials. It got me most of the way.

Connect to Blynk Using ESP8266 As Arduino Uno Wifi Shield (Mac Only)
Connecting ESP8266-01 to Arduino UNO/MEGA and BLYNK

The sketches are a nice place to start with your code but make sure you get it communicating properly first otherwise you will just be anging your head on the wall.

The hardest part is to get the ESP8266 and the arduino working. Once its up and running it is all very straight forward. I would also recommend a logic level shifter and a ftdi (serial usb) if you dont have them already if you are going to use the uno. Makes life a lot easier.

http://help.blynk.cc/hardware-and-libraries/arduino/esp8266-with-at-firmware

I have just started learning ESP8266-01 module.

ok, so i need uprade my firmware esp 8266 before using right ?

thank you,

Hi @Tama212
First of all you dont need to upgrade firmware of ESP to get started with it.

Secondly if you want to learn Blynk with Arduino and ESP, then there are lot of tutorials on it. I m also a newbie and after trying long hours I successfully ran a blynk project followed from here:LED with Arduino and Blynk. After learning from this project I used other beautiful interfaces of Blynk like slider, joystick etc and amazed by the power of Blynk with Arduino.

Thirdly, as @Costas said, first learn ESP8266 standalone without Arduino, you may need FTDI serial Board for that. Again I am referring the same site for learning ESP here because of thier video presentation.

Dont forget to include blynk and ESP library in your Arduino code.

Happy learning!

1 Like

That was awesome @jaysharma , i will need to try this

yes that’s right , this is the gate for next project for me,

Thank you,

Hello there i just realize something

what’s mean virtual pin? there is v0-v31
if i’m using v1 what pin should i chose ?

should i declare pin before using virtual pin ?

http://help.blynk.cc/blynk-basics/what-is-virtual-pins