Keeping track of devices

I am using the Pro Plan. I sell my product to individuals and also to other retailers for resale. I provision my devices with static tokens. The token is obviously specific to the device and the customer who will receive it.

There are 3 possible scenarios with the devices I build.
1-Provisioned with firmware and Device Token, not yet sold, disclaimed
2-Provisioned with firmware and Device Token, sold and shipped to a known customer, disclaimed
3-Provisioned with firmware and Device Token, sold and shipped to a known customer, claimed

If they are sold, shipped and claimed I can see who claimed it in my dashboard. If they are disclaimed, I have no idea who has the device by looking at my dashboard. This makes it very difficult to keep track of things. Currently, I must keep a spread sheet that shows me Device 1 is sold to Customer name Smith with Device Token “xyz” flashed to the device before it is claimed.

Ideally, it would be nice to have a new column where I could add a Customer name. When they claim it, the Device Owner information would still populate as it does now. This would also work for the devices I have sold to resellers. I could put the name of the company in the new column (customer name in my example) and when the device is claimed, the Device Owner column would update as it does now.

Even if I create a Serial Number field in metadata, I would have to cross reference the serial number somewhere else to know who has received it prior to claiming. What am I missing?

Thank you

1 Like

I too would like to be able to see this information in the dashboard.