Issues with TimeOut on 4G connections

@Dmitriy
I am using Blynk local server v0.32.0.
The scenario is that when I connect my sketch via my local Wifi (and therefore on same physcial network as my local blynk server) everything connects as it should. When I use a 4G Vodafone dongle I get a timeout error. See below. I’m wreking my brain to work out why - I know the 4G Vodafone dongle is working and surfing the web with it is really quick and reading JSON files works fine. Any guidance as to the probable issue would be appreciated.

imageScreen Shot 2018-03-16 at 11.09.07 pm.png

is this your server connection method?

Hi @vshymanskyy

My local server is on a fixed network connection. My sketch connects to my local Blynk server perfectly well when I connect to the local Blynk Server using my iPhone as a personal 4G hotspot or Android tethering, but for some reason I get these “Login timout” errors when I get my Sketch to connect via the Vodafone PocketWifi 4G dongle :frowning:

@vshymanskyy a little more info (if at all helpful)

___  __          __
   / _ )/ /_ _____  / /__
  / _  / / // / _ \/  '_/
 /____/_/\_, /_//_/_/\_\
        /___/ v0.5.0 on Arduino

[6386] Connecting to blynk.xxxx.com:80
[6431] <[02|00|01|00] e0xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxa2
[8433] Login timeout

Does it provide you with a correct global IP? Can you ping your device?
Probably you’ll have to resolve with your network provider.

UPD: Wow. That’s interesting.

You can try setting BLYNK_TIMEOUT_MS to some 10000L ms or more…
https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-library/blob/master/src/Blynk/BlynkConfig.h#L37

@mars Please post your configuration and the connection log if it helps. Thx!

I assume when you say connection logs you mean from my local blynk server ?
And in terms of configuration what details are relevant i.e. using wemos mini pro etc ?

No I mean the same device log. Just this setting for now.

Hi

I investigated this further with Vodafone here in Australia.
I cannot get Vodafone on 4G to work on a sketch trying to connect to both a Local Blynk server or the hosted Blynk-cloud server. I get the timeout errors as described above.

If there is anyone if Australia who have experienced the same or who have it work with Vodafone 4g would be interested to know.

FYI: it works find on other 4G carrier i.e. Telstra

Did you try it?

yep - didn’t change anything :frowning: