Issues with new app version (BLE connection)

All,

I am having issues connecting to my board via BLE with the new version app. I am able to connect to the Bluetooth device but it is saying that my board is offline. I already tried three different boards. I wasn’t having any issues yesterday with the previous version. I was able to read data through virtual pins and was able to turn on/off lights.

Please let me know if anyone is having similar issues.

Appreciate the help,

Is it iOS or Android?

Its iOS. Previous version that I was running was 2.8.6 . My iphone automatically installed the new version last night (2.9.0) and now I cant even connect to the boards. I am seeing the changes on the app though. Saw that some widgets were removed.

Appreciate the help

After you connected the BLE device and run the project, send it few commands and then please go to the About screen and send us the logs via “Send logs” link.

Please elaborate on that.

Differences seen on widgets:

There’s only one value display and one labeled value widget. Yesterday there were two for each.

Also yesterday you couldn’t do notifications for BLE (twitter/email/etc… these are now available).

How do I go to the about screen? Is this on the app?

Appreciate the help,

Ok figured out how to send logs… sending them out.

On first launch 2.9.0 update loads all projects from server. So It looks more like a cache issue in the previous version.

The idea is to be able to communicate with both BLE device and Blynk server (if multiple devices set up). But this is not tested yet.

Got your logs and seems found the cause of the issue. Unfortunately, the fix requires app update, which will be 2.9.1 in a week or so.

Thank you for reporting and cooperation.

Awesome. At least you guys found it. I was going crazy over here. :). Will wait for the new version.

Could you please share more details about the problem? I also go update to 2.9.0 and I am able to connect via BLE but, afterwards I got message that my Arduino is offline. You can try to use expedite review.

Yes, we will bring the update with the fix soon.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. BLE seems to be broken on the new IOS version with the Adafruit Feather 32u4 Bluefruit LE.

I will add this in here, just in case it is different from the found and pending fix. I use Android, and have found that the BLE widget keeps “forgetting” the device I connect to. Thus whenever I reopen the project, nothing happens (no error, except that device is offline) until I reconnect in the widget.

@Serrano541 @gerenb Guys, please check the 2.9.1 update with the fix. Already in the App Store.
P.S. Make sure that device connection type is set to Bluetooth.

BLE seems to now be working properly with 2.9.1. Thanks for the speedy fix! In case anyone is interested, I’m using Blynk to control a Steampunk Nixie tube clock. I can control the following functions with my IOS device:

Set Clock Mode
Change speed of Dekatron Spinners
Ring Bell
Set motor speed
Set LED illumination level
Set time
Set Alarm time

Wow. Blynk has come a long way from the beginning. It’s now fantastic and I use it all the time with my projects.