Is the MKR WiFi 1010 supported?

Hello,

Is see the Arduino MKR 1000 is supported. Does this mean that the next gen version MKR WiFi 1010 will also be supported?

Thanks in advance,
Bart

It’s not even released yet… How we can add it? :thinking:

We requested samples from Arduino. Once they arrive we can make estimates.

Sorry, maybe the question should have been if there are plans to support the MKR Wifi 1010 :slight_smile: .

this board is the same than nodemcu ESP32
you have to configure IDE Additional Board Manager URL with :

Am I wrong @Pavel ?

I don’t think you’ll be able to use it out of the box. Currently we have no plans to support it, but who knows, maybe?

Wondering when support for MKR1010 will be supported. I have two and I can get neither to connect to Blynk.

@Matt_Bombace @mertensbart20 it is supported with the latest library as well as other new Arduino boards

Thanks, great to hear!

Hello Volodymyr,

I just ordered a new arduino MKR 1010 and I have the latest version of Blynk local server running on a Raspberry Pi. Also my Blynk android-app is up to date. If I want to use the arduino MKR 1010 I asumme I can do the following:

• select the Arduino MKR 1000 in the Blynk android-app as hardware

• use the example code for the Arduino MKR 1000 in the Blynk example browser to get started

Thanks in advance for the answer,
Bart

Hello Volodomyr,

I found the example code in the new blynk-library for arduino for the MKR wifi 1010. But I have still following question:

• In the Blynk app you can’t chose the arduino MKR wifi 1010. Which board do you have to chose in the android-app instead? The arduino MKR 1000?

Thanks in advance,
Bart

If you are going to use code and virtual pins, then it doesn’t matter at all which board type… pick Generic if you want.

The board type in the App refers to the pin layouts when using those settings in widgets (just for basic control - vPins and code are much better for overall use). So if the MKR WiFi 1010 is the same layout at the MKR 1000 then that will work fine.

Hellu Gunner,

Thanks for the reply. So if I understand it correctly the app communicates with the local server and not with the board. And the local server communicates with the board. This means that only the local server has to support the board, not the app. The app is just for the pin-layout.

Greetings,
Bart

Ummm… not sure of your logic.

The App is the primary user interface for the entire Blynk process, it is required to create accounts, process the Servers Auth generation and yes, act as a control for the boards (AKA MCU, device, dardware, ESP, Arduino, etc.)

The App and board both communicate with a server, be that the Cloud or a Local one, which handles the cross communication between everything.

The App itself has an option to be set for a specific board type… this will allow one to set a widget for the correct board specific pin (Digital or Analog) and thus control or read from that matching pin on the board with minimal coding (just the basic “Load the library and connect to the network and Server” sketch is needed). But this method, while easy to set up, is not really any good for more complex functions.

This is where the Developers invented Virtual Pins, which act as conduits (or “boxes”) via the server, between the App’s widgets and Blynk code on the board, by using functions like BLYNK_WRITE(vPin) and commands like Blynk.virtualWrite(vPin, value) etc, which can directly interface with it’s GPIO pins using the usual Arduino code commands pinMode(), digitalWrite(), analogWrite(), digitalRead(), etc. Including all the complex logic code and advanced pin control like proper PWM, really fast pin reading and manipulation, and so on.

Using Virtual pins one could, in theory, control any board type that can run the needed Blynk Libraries (this is primarily where the board support is needed)… and it will not really matter what board type you set the App for, since you wouldn’t use the widgets digital or analog pin settings anyhow.

1 Like