iOS with BLE

I am attempting to connect with my Arduino Uno board using an HC-08 module. Here’s my specs:
iPhone 7
iOS 11
Blynk Library Version 0.4.10
I used the Blynk code generator for HC 08 and BLE
I can get my HC 08 to connect with my iPhone through normal code, but cannot get it to connect with Blynk. Just wondering if anyone else has done it or has any tips for me.
Let me know if you need any more information.
Thanks.

You didn’t mention any details of what you have tried or the results… For example, do you have the BLE widget installed and connected to the module?

EDIT - sorry, just noticed the iOS bit :stuck_out_tongue:
as per the documents…

At the moment BLE widget supported only for Android

2nd EDIT - Well, based on some searching of this forum it looks like iOS should work with BLE, at least with some modules.

@Dmitriy do the documents need updating about this?

@acharney12 Yes, it should work. A number of things could be wrong in your setup… Search this forum for Arduino + HM-10 (it is similar) for working examples.

@Gunner Good catch, will update docs.

1 Like

I copied that setup mentioned…
I have the BLE widget installed in the app, but cannot seem to even find the HC08 in the app. I am considering different ways to connect to Blynk. What is the easiest/most cost effective way to connect with Blynk on iOS?

Via WiFi with ESP8266 Dev Boards, like Wemos D1 Mini or NodeMCU

Are those independent of the Arduino, or are those modules that work through the Arduino?

Got it! Was working with an outdated version of Arduino IDE, had no idea. Updating that did the trick.

Yes and yes. Small ones like the ESP-01 can be used as a WiFi to serial interface tyo get an Arduino online… but better to use full dve board models that have USB interface and can be programmed via the Arduino IDE.

Hmm, I wouldn’t have thought if that either… Libraries, yes, but not the IDE… must have been an old one.

Glad you got working.