Interfacing a particle photon with Blynk via a HC 05 Bluetooth module

Hello Blynk Community

I am currently working on a project that requires communication of weather data, such as temperature, pressure and humidity levels, gathered by my photon, to the Blynk application. I know that is possible to interface the photon and Blynk via wifi but my particular application requires Bluetooth communication. I have spent a few hours looking for resources online that explains how to interface the particle photon with the Blynk application via bluetooth, but my attempts have been unsuccessful. I simply want to send data from my photon via my HC 05 Bluetooth module the Blynk app running on my adroid smart phone. Is it possible ? how do i do this? Please advise.

@Gunner
Hello. I apologise for posing my question here on this topic but i did not manage to get any attention to the topic i created.
I would to know if it is possible to interface the particle photon to Blynk via BLUETOOTH?
Here is my topic page:

Please advise.

Apology accepted… but I still moved your post back into your own topic :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Your (this) topic has had 22 views (at time of this post)… and posting in another topic will not get you any more (positive) results if your issue is one that no one else had dealt with (Photon using BT with Blynk) and thus not responded too.

@Gunner
Surely someone has done this before.
No one has replied so i am forced to active look for assistance haha.

I managed to identify code, implemented for the arduino, that works for the photon using some trial and error.
The following code will communicate information from the photon to the Blynk application explicitly via Bluetooth (for testing purposes i communicated an integer value stored in x to virtual pin 1 in the Blynk application):

#include <BlynkSimpleSerialBLE.h>

char auth[] = “EnterYourTokenNumberHere”;
int x=5;

void setup() {

Serial1.begin(9600); //Initiate hardware serial port on photon which is connected to the bluetooth module
Blynk.begin(Serial1, auth); //Configure connection to Blynk application via hardware serial port

}

void loop() {

Blynk.run();
Blynk.virtualWrite(V1.x);  

}

The Blynk library on the photon’s IDE needed to be removed because it conflicted with the #include <BlynkSimpleSerialBLE.h> library used above.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Need help with Zapier & Bluetooth