I share my project to somebody in a different town. the link doesn’t work

Dear Blynk Developers, how is the status or the answer for victagayun’s question?
currently i am having exactly the same problem with victagayun. i share my project to somebody in a different town. the link doesn’t work.

What is the problem to share via QR code?

1. Ping blynk-cloud.com
  2. Get the IP
  3. On the Blynk login in the app - choose custom server and input IP address. Leave the port
  4. Log In with your credentials
  5. Share your project
  6. Should work

This IP should also be used by hardware

1 Like

I was hoping that i can share my project to another person through whatsapp. upon receiving the project link, the receiver were to be able to click on the link and access the project.
The scenario above doesnt happen. instead, when the receiver click the link on his android, he was brought to a Blynk screen which shows selection of Log In or Create New Account.

i just thought that sharing should be that easy.

sharing using QR code works but:

1. it needs two smartphones (1 showing the QR code, 1 scanning the QR code), OR
  2. the QR code needs to be printed first and then scanned.

in my opinion, the link scenario is way more convenient.

Thanks for the suggestion, @Pavel.
I will try this.
but still, i wish the sharing mechanism could be refined in the future. because as we (users) spend 1000 non-refundable energy, we kind of have higher expectation. :smile:

anyway, keep up the good work. :+1::+1::+1:

Certainly not if both phones are Android. Are you using Android?

yes @Costas. I share my blynk project from an android device. and the receiver is also using an android device.
Can u elaborate the recommended steps?

thanks.

When you share the QR code via email it will provide you with a url.

yes, the other device receives the url. but when it is clicked it doesnt go to the shared project. instead, he was brought to a Blynk screen which shows selection of Log In or Create New Account. thus the shared project cannot be accessed by clicking the url.

Maybe that’s the Geo-DNS issue that @Pavel provided you with the fix for.

If your friend is offered a different Blynk server to the one you are using then the shared project will not exist, ergo they see login / create new account.

Try the Geo-DNS fix.

Alrighty. Thanks for clearing up the issue, @Costas.
I’m just wondering, will Blynk Team in the (near) future be able to refine this Geo-DNS issue that affects sharing by url?

It affects a lot more than sharing.

Blynk worked out a fix a year ago but haven’t rolled it out because some Blynkers don’t update their libraries very often and the fix will break their systems.

Okay @Costas. This is more than helpful. Thanks for your time. I consider this case closed.

You could try to check new test build: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4v54z1u2asx0ow6/blynk-app-log.apk?dl=0
It should have a workaround for project share issue with geo-dns.