I need a FAIL SAFE

Yes you can. It’s stated in the documentation. If you go to the top to Docs and do a CTRL-F for heartbeat you will see how you can change it from the hardware side.

witch funktion shows the connect status from mobilephone on the blynk server.

plz dont tell me to read the docs if you now it …“be opensurce”

43 posts and notig to use

Consider something else.Consider something else.Consider something else.Consider something else. wtf

i go from blynkphone to internet(server from blynk) to a second phone conected in 4g as a wifi hotspot to arduino yun.
so im able to drive wherever i want if i have a 4G mobile network

and i told im a full beginner not aible to see the things in the docs . there is no direct way for me and i dont have the linking nowlege …sorry for my wtf :wink:

who can give a step by step

@stefan8484

What more can anyone say… you are trying to fail-safe your robot the wrong way! Repeatedly hitting the forum with requests for “step-by-step” instructions, for what is in reality an impractical option for what you need, will not help you any.

Think Mars Rover, not RC vehicle. Assume communication between the three main items APP <-> SERVER <-> MCU will fail, in part or completely, at any moment. Make your solution on the MCU side by “waiting for directions before action” instead of “action until communications fail”. This can still be done with reasonable speed.

I don’t believe there is any single “is app on-line” function that will properly suit your purpose. I can think of a few untested hacks with eventor but I have not tried it… nor do I believe it would do you any good, as the premise of that type of APP->MCU “heartbeat” would be a cludgery way of imitating the recommended, “waiting for directions before action” in the first place.

By the way, the “opensource” of Blynk means that you are welcome to dig into the heart of Blynk and make your own modification, not for someone to suddenly 'fess up a “hidden” command that “we” have allegedly been hiding from you :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

what i now is it can be done in the code . this told me mister Pavel (founder) and Dimitry ( cofounder ) and Costas .
And Some of you guis write ,trivial easy few lines of code ;;;

where is the nice one to make my problem trivial and easy

and the mars rover is a rc vehicle …defenely “radio controle” or do someone think the mars rover has a cable from mars to eart …:imp:

there are radio signals = rc

I’m almost out of ideas here, but a solution could be that the robot/rc only responds if you keep a button pushed (could be nicely accomplished with a joystick I think. Instead of a “start moving” and “stop moving” button. That would solve all your problems

I’m also thinking the Mars rover is a completely different kind of remote control/radio control mechanism. I can imagine the Mars rover receives a set of commands in a VERY small package and than starts doing those things and sends back a very small package after it completes it’s tasks. Since the connection will be unreliable at best. That could be a solution too, even would be a very nice demo of how a Mars rover would work.

Here is an explanation of how the thing works, maybe it has some interesting pointers for you? I surely am going over that to see if it has any exciting stuff which we can implement in our bots :slight_smile:

this went my first idea

easy widget with a feqently blinking ( changeing value ) maybe 5 blinks in a sek talk to a virtual pin . litle timer and .
if the robot is not geting the blinks = fail connection = stop motors

but if you do a button to hold is not working beacause if your phone lose conntact even you have a push button it will not go back its just on

i think a frequenly changing value is the option
thinking about the phone sensor accelerometer
then you have to hold your phone and move it a litle bit to get that " changing value "

Hmm, a sort of digital debounce for your phone to see if it’s alive. That could probably work, but if you put your phone or tablet in a sort of holder-thing on a table to drive the robot, it will not work. The heartbeat signal would be a better idea, but you have to invent something to send something and than receive a response. After that determine if the connection is alive and I’m not sure that can be done. Since you cannot send signals from the app to the hardware on a timer based something.

From the docs:

That’s why Blynk uses HEARTBEAT mechanism. With this approach hardware periodically sends ping command with predefined interval (10 seconds by default, BLYNK_HEARTBEAT property). In case hardware don’t send anything within 10 seconds server waits additional 5 seconds and after that connection assumed to be broken and closed by server. So on UI you’ll see connection status update only after 15 seconds when it is actually happened.

You can also change HEARTBEAT interval from hardware side via Blynk.config. In that case newHeartbeatInterval * 2.3 formula will be applied. So in case you you decided to set HEARTBEAT interval to 5 seconds. You’ll get notification regarding connection with 11 sec delay in worst case.

So it’s possible to change the frequency of the heartbeat signal. That way you can use Blynk.connected() to stop movement if you set it to a very fast frequency. I’m not sure the Blynk cloud server will like that, so I’d recommend using a rasperry pi local server for this or something similar. That way you are in full control of all your factors.

i could use more than one maybe accelerometer and light and gps and if all values dont change in time = stop motors

i think the heardbeat funktion is only from pi or arduino to server and not arduino to phone

what in now is you chan set the heardbeat to 1 sek

Thank you for letting us know who they are… I wasn’t sure before now.

a·nal·o·gy
noun
A comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

RC vehicle = Line of sight realtime control, loss/interruption of signal tends to have vehicle out of control.

Mars Rover = Send short controlled movements to vehicle that will not run away when out of communication with controller.

I would have thought this was common sense and not an issue to blow a gasket over, but then it has been over 50 posts where others have tried to help, but stubbornness prevails.

There is NO easy code or solution… that is my entire point! A proper, functional fail-safe for a moving object controlled remotely will depend entirely on your infrastructure, robot style, control methodology and coding skills.

Stop asking for easy!! Make some actual attempts and show us some actual code that you have written and then maybe we can help.

Mate, go out get some fresh air, take a chill pill and move on to the next thread :wink: I can see that your batteries are burnt :smiley:

I have been chilling and watching movies all evening… no stress here :smiley: just low tolerance for those who demand without showing effort, respond in anger without thought and refuse to accept ideas when presented.

But you are free to write him some easy code if you want…:wink:

1 Like

Guys, c’mon. If you don’t like what someone has to say, move on to the next thread indeed :slight_smile:

We are all enthusiasts here doing fun stuff for their hobby (most of us anyway). Everybody has a point here. @Gunner makes a sane point, I haven’t seen any code yet and that would be handy.

It would certainly be an option to use all the Phones sensors as @stefan8484 suggests. I haven’t been really busy with that lately, but it could be a viable alternative. There are plenty of examples for using them in the Arduino library part.

I think however, it’s more important to check the connection from the robot to the phone than from the phone to the server, but in any given real time solution it’s best to check both. However, Blynk has proven to be rockstable and if you use a local server, as I indicated it gives you loads of advantages:

1. Free energy, you can build all the dashboards, sharing and whatever you like
  2. You are in full control
  3. The communication, especially wired will have almost 0 latency
  4. The communication will be rock solid and stable, so you won’t need fancy heartbeat tricks
2 Likes

its just a rc singnal and how smart the moving object is is not important its just the way it recive data by radio signals …

no cable from eart to mars …no light or sound signals its a f…ing radio signal thats the point .

Haha I hear you! Oh nono I have my own code to fight with ;D

1 Like

@Fettkeewl @Lichtsignaal

And you both have made a great point… I have been trying to help this ‘character’ since the beginning, but it is time for me to give up on him. He is now fixating on non-relevant things like radio signals in a vacuum and completely ignoring everything important to his request. :confounded: Not to mention bad language!

I am also removing the notification flag so I don’t have to watch this mudslide anymore. But I will see you two again in a better thread :wink:

1 Like