How to use GPS trigger

how to select an specified area in the app, and will i need to always turn on internet in my phone? or will it tack me without internet and will track my phone gps if the gps in on??

http://docs.blynk.cc/#widgets-sensors-gps-trigger

As per the Docs it is set by the radius you select in the widget map.

While the GPS on you phone will keep working the, Widget (and App) will need internet in order to link to he server to trigger the vPin.

How to select a specific radius in app?

Should be rather user intuitive… :wink:

Zoom in and out… what you see (within limits of your GPS accuracy) is your set radius.

hi, can you confirm this is available using IOS?
The notes say "In case your location is within/out required radius (selected on widget map) widget will send HIGH/LOW command to hardware. "

I can’t see the radius setting is available on my map widget?

There is no GPS trigger on iOS yet. Sorry.

damn… IOS is struggling a bit!

Would it be possible to ‘code in’ tolerances of the lat and long, using something like ‘gps.getLon(), 7)’ used in the ‘GPS stream’ sketch?

Yes. It’s definitely possible. Search for tutorials on how to build geo-fences with regular GPS modules. Logic is the same

Asking Does Blynk support geofencing ?

Yes, the GPS Trigger is a form of geofence for the Android device that is running the app.
However from your previous post, it seems that isn’t what you want to achieve - which is why spamming old topics with questions that don’t explain what you are actually trying to achieve is a bad idea.

Your GPS tracking of a NodeMCU device is would require you to either code-in the geofencing, or use something like IFTTT’s geofencing functionality.

I’m going to close this topic as it’s two and a half years old.
Responses to @Bekithemba_Nkomo’s query should be posted here:

Pete.

1 Like