How to use Google Home + Blynk with ESP8266 { without " IFTTT " }

Does this mean, that I can add the Blynk App directly to Google Home like shown on the screenshot?
And then I can control blynk with voice command?
Maybe it is that simple and this is why no-one is talking about it.

it is Sinric that passes your Google Home voice commands to your Blynk App. & ESP8266.
you need to get Sinric first then add it to your working Blynk sketch.

here you can find examples :slight_smile:

This seems to be double up. Now we have another server involved. Why can Google not connect with the Blynk server?

i think blynk team not doing that because

1. it will make grip more users to use Blynk cloud just as a gateway server to redirect the requests to GH or Alexa
  2. will raise the operation cost of blynk servers because of the undesired traffic and processing power required etc.
  3. it will take the great blynk platform out of it’s scope.
  4. this should be in the paid plans so blynk still continue generating revenue and keep the R&D for more great features

everybody knows that the blynk power we purchased for almost no money is way far from even the servers cost
no need to mention the development team and rent , etc i think @Dmitriy and the rest of the great team should know the we like there platform an wish them a great future

1 Like

This is in our roadmap. We are limited in resources so we have to prioritize new features.

The server cost is covered, no worries here :slight_smile:.

2 Likes

This was Pavel (Founder of Blynk) answer for “Is there plans for Google Home support?” few lines above ( post 3)

1 Like

New Google Home UI

1 Like

I am able to use IFTT and Blynk with Google Home, but I now want to make it stateful, for example when I say turn on the lights, it actually checks the status and only turn on if it is off, or tells me that the lights are already turned on, is that possible - Thanks

1 Like

Yes.

can you point me in right direction, like where to start from or any tutorial if you can suggest - Thanks

As I see you are a new user just joined now
you need to read more and you will find all your answers in this topic .

raxy
Rakesh Sharma
Last Post: 12 mins
Seen: 12 mins
Views: 1
Trust Level: new user

Ze_Pico, thanks a lot for sharing this info! Realy cool! The only problem I have now (or rather inconvenience), that I have window blinds and they have the position from 0 (closed) to 100 (opened) and there is no compatible device for them. I’m forced to use lights device for the blinds as it has the needed action (brightness). Everything works fine with no delay, just sounds a bit confusing, when the Google says, that it sets up the brightness for the blinds :slight_smile:

@shur1k
Hi

We have to wait. I think it will be available soon for GH.
for Amazon Alexa you can build you own skill .

other solutions that works

now they use MySmartBlinds application instead

if you are using a stepper motor for your Blinds here is a good video for HA and Alexa.

@Ze_Pico, thanks for the info. Didn’t want to mix Alexas with GH, But… maybe it’s worth doing. We’ll see.

Node Red nodes for Sinric

Installation

node-red-contrib-sinric-ws is not published to NPM repo yet because it is still in premature stage and experimental. If you want to experiment with you, you’ll have to manually install it using following steps.

• Goto to your Node Red user directory.
    • In Linux/Mac, it’s usually in ~/.node-red
    • In Windows, it will be under C:\Users\<Your Username>\.node-red
  • Run the following command:
    • npm install mayankraichura/node-red-contrib-sinric-ws
  • Restart Node-Red.
1 Like

ALEXA IKEA BLIND CONTROLLED BY VOICE

1 Like

SINRIC

• What’s up in Finland?

• Libraries that work with SINRIC

Adding ArduinoJson
Download the zip file from https://github.com/bblanchon/ArduinoJson/releases/tag/v5.13.2 (6.x versions are not compatible)
Arduino IDE -> Sketch - Include Library -> Add Zip Library

Adding arduinoWebSockets
Download the zip file from https://github.com/Links2004/arduinoWebSockets/releases
Arduino IDE -> Sketch - Include Library -> Add Zip Library

don’t try to update these 2 libraries your sketch will not work

I don’t know if it will stay Free, but what I knew :slight_smile: with “Google Home” you will not have to unlink then relink “[test] Sinric” with your application each month.

1 Like

A Sinric alternative.

Control (almost) anything with Google Assistant™…

https://about.gbridge.io/
Documentation
https://doc.gbridge.io/index.html

1 Like