How to use Analog modules with ESP8266+Blynk?

Hello everyone,
I am still trying to figure out Blynk, it is quite awesome. I am using a Nodemcu (ESP8266) and tried turning LED On/Off and it worked perfectly well with the “ESP8266_Standalone” sketch. Now my question is, how can I use analog modules with the Nodemcu and get custom labeled data (ex. “Washing Machine: running” or “Job done!”) and trigger a notification or receive an email on my phone?

I am trying to make something very simple, hardware setup: Nodemcu + KY-002 vibration switch. I want to stick it to the body of the washing machine and when it stops (the switch detects no vibration), I get a notification or an email saying that it is done. Is it possible to do this with the “ESP8266_Standalone” sketch or does it requite extra coding? Thanks!

It will probably require some sort of coding because I can al ready see one issue. The washing machine stops at some point to reverse etc. In that time there will be no vibration, so you need to make a sort of “debounce” for the vibration sensor. E.g when it stops for more than 5 minutes it’s done.

It shouldn’t be too hard to do. You can take a look at the SimpleTimer library for this. I think, but I’m not sure, that you may be able to use the Eventor widget for this.

Thanks for your reply. So what about just reading the analog sensor? I am trying to figure out what else can be done with just the “ESP8266_Standalone” or any other preset sketch.

@pooranimator pretty much anything the most powerful Arduino can do an ESP can do but for a fraction of the price. You can add more analogue and more digital pins to an ESP if your project really needs them.

Tip: don’t buy ESP-01’s and buy an ESP board with a USB port. They start from a little over $3 a piece.

Sorry, I mean I already have a Nodemcu V3. I was wondering, other than using lights on/off, what else can be done using the “ESP8266_Standalone” sketch that comes with the Blynk library examples.

If you add enough widgets you can do almost anything. Some widgets require code, some don’t.

If you want to learn how to Blynk study the comprehensive docs thoroughly.

a few ideas here: Projects made with Blynk - Blynk Community