How to make arduino start without internet connection

Hey.

Whenever i reset my arduino without a internet connection, it just stops everything and waits for internet connection. I want to get around this so other functions can work even if I’m not connected. (Like RTC, swithces, LCD and similar sutff…)

Any suggestions?

1 Like
  1. Blynk works over the internet. It’s the app builder for the Internet Of Things
  2. If you’d like your arduino perform some functions when there is no connection, look a the Blynk.connect() – this is what you need. it returns true or false. So you can check from time to time and if it’s not connected perform other routines.
1 Like

@Pavel

1. I want to make it so that Blynk is the last thing that “launches” i my program, so that everything else will work, because right now everything else in my program have to wait for Blynk to get a connection for some reason. I want to make it so that stuff that doesn’t use blynk will launch even if Blynk doesn’t get a connection. I hope you understand me, sorry for bad English.

2.Whenever i use Blynk.connect(), the Arduino just disconnects and reconnects to Blynk server until i remove that part of the program and upload it. (Can this be some kind of flood error?) Anyways, if i actually got it working, i would still have to rewrite 400+lines of code which is the last option in my opinion.

I would make it work in a separate project without rewriting 400 lines of code…

1. Best way is to create a simple prototype, which will make the basic stuff and will give you an understanding.
  2. Inject what you’ve learned into existing project

@vshymanskyy: we should add info about Blynk.connect() to documentation.

1 Like