How to install a Blynk Server in a Raspberry pi?

aha I see your 2nd comment now, just from the app. Then its easy, I wish I had read that somewhere. Might be too basic but on the other hand if a tutorial is complete then anyone can follow

Well, it’s the same for the cloud service, but I tend to agree a bit with you. The local server is somewhat different and some basic knowledge is assumed if you want to play with that :slight_smile:

Yes true. I have some RPi knowledge but none about server running. In the installation page they do show how to login to the local server but not how to make an account (or that you have to make an account for that matter). They just say “login to your server” Hmmm…

or Clone them from the cloud to the local server.

I was just going to ask Lichtsignaal about the Admin page (server now logged in but no clue about this admin page) but now I see Costas mention the cloning: thats the way I will go.

Make sure you read of the “App and sketch changes” section, some important parts include:

WARNING : Blynk is growing very quickly. And both apps and server constantly updated. In order to avoid problems during updates either turn off auto-update for Blynk app either update both local server and blynk app at same time to avoid possible migration issues.

WARNING : Blynk local server is not Blynk cloud server. They are not related at all. So you have to create new account when using Blynk local server.

1 Like

Tnx Dave1829

The 2nd part I just took care of the 1st part I am not sure what this means?

@Dennis_van_Elteren access to the admin panel is important for full use of the local server.

It’s covered in the docs but when you have everything set up it will be accessed at:

https://[local_IP]:7443/admin

Do you have the Blynk app running on a device?

Yes on my android phone and logged in to blynk server. I do not have it running now. I just cloned it and try now to copy it to my local server project

Well what are you not understanding about the warning?

tnx. It seems this local server is so much more difficult then I expect.

And the only reason I do this is because I want to be independent from Blynk: I have the app apk file and my sketches and own server so I can run it locally without connection to the internet I hope.
Is this true Costas or does it always check with some blynk server before working?

You will be independent.

The local server is on your network, not the internet.

Have you had a read of the posts in the Blynk local server forum? You will learn a lot from those…

good! Thats what i need! I will try by removing the internet connection in my modem.

By the way the cloning just succeeded too

There’s also a post somewhere about accessing your local server from outside your local network too, i think @psoro wrote it…

I followed the procedures at the docs section. I read some posts about Blynk local server at the point things went wrong. Problem is there is so much info, I tend to concentrate at the problems directly, reading it all about the server is so long.

But I am almost there now, the last step is change my sketch. The API code is the same. Only the login procedure must be changed.

I will find that post you just recommend about accessing the local server from outside though!

I also have a DFrobot Bluno coming in from China, with this I will make V2.0, I expect since it goes over bluetooth that I need no server at all: great!

Hmm Costas I just tried what you suggested here (using my chrome browser, should be ok?). I get that the page cannot be displayed. Im sure about the IP address because I got it fixed in my router. Am I doing it wrong using chrome?

i wasn’t sure about that, so i checked and the docs i was referring to are not the same as the ones on the Blynk website,

here’s where Blynk tells you to create a new account: https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-server

@Dmitriy - why does the Blynk docs page: Introduction - Blynk Documentation not have the same WARNINGS as the Github pages?