How to identify user from Blynk APP when sending GPS-sensor data?

I made some small project in Blynk and share it to my family members (3 members), i’m using local blynk server.
GPS-sensor sending data to my Node RED server where maded some triggers for locations.
How i can split the traffic from GPS-sensors to identify a specific user???
can blynk app send client ID or something like this?

The only way to do this would be to have different versions of the app running on each phone.

But, from my experience, the GPS Stream widget is extremely battery hungry and isn’t practical for most scenarios.

A better solution might be to use IFTTT location services on each phone, sending the data to Node-Red.
A Wemos based version is discussed in this topic:

Pete.

Thanks Pete, i’ll check this solution!

Blynk on iOS does that, you can read the 5-th parameter from GPS Stream widget.

1 Like

Android :frowning:

From my experience, the geofence is terrible on IFTTT . Do any of you have any issues? The geofence on Blynk works flawlessly, it never fails. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that there are two apps using geofence.

I discovered ifttt today and it is not exactly what i want and need. I want to send coordinates from 3 different phones and want to identify them to trigger some events in node red. i’m triggering areas in node red, thats why i don’t need to use ifttt triggers. It more flexible for me to make areas, triggers and actions (especially linked with hardware like lights, security system and etc. in my home) in a single environment. Home server is isolated from internet and now i’m testing owntracks solution with webhooks. It is more suitable for my tasks (from the security side especially).

And in fact - Without certain improvements to the client Blynk application by developers, my problem cannot be solved. So… Ok… Will search for another solution, maybe blink app will can do this in future :slight_smile:

Thanks to all for the answers.