HOW TO EARN WITH BLYNK? who counted the first money?

Sure you can… many Security Camera systems require such subscriptions to maintain the cloud server link.

Vehicles have subscriptions for their OnStar systems and Satellite radio services… it is not an uncommon (if unwelcome to many) method of billing a service.

Even many outright purchases of game consoles have monthly service options for things like multi-player access.

I could go on, but I didn’t pay my monthly interne… … … … …

@Gunner do tank level watchers have subscription fees? Maybe smart thermostats?
I’m speaking about these small appliances that do daily small simple works.
This has nothing to do with the kind of applications you describe

Ever heard of NEST? :wink:

Says who? IoT is Internet of Things, not Internet of only some small simple things :stuck_out_tongue:

As stated, there are reasons and benefits for service plans, contracts, etc. with companies that can get the job done without adding in R&D setup costs to your own business… and plenty of ways of passing the cost along.

Anyhow, not going to get into any further debates… these are just my observations based on my own experiences, both in my own business experience and working for other tech businesses.

is nest on subscription?

They have the option… more for the security camera side. But I don’t own any Nest products and I don’t know precisely what other data they may store for remote access… nor do I know exactly what other companies offer similar subscription & cloud services for various IoT stuff, but I often read about them in the tech blogs, so they do exist all over the place.

PS, while my personal preferences are buy once own/use forever, I am debating for the positive benefits of subscription services for monetization, becasue I am fully aware of their usefulness and applications, so it is possible to cross over the fence a few times :stuck_out_tongue:

You pay Nest (google) with your data. They know who and when is at home and use this data (combined with all the other data) for advertising

I think it’s a good example of indirect IOT monetization.

Тема плавно переходит в сравнение разных сервисов и их способы привлечь клиента )))

google ? это не бесплатный сервис, далеко не бесплатный, даже очень не бесплатный, все что они делают уже прподано, и оплату взяли вперед))

блинк -
1- отличный сервис для отладки и теста прибора
2 - отличный пример для подражания
3 - хороший и не дорогой инструмент для тех у кого уже есть ресурс для разработки, но не хватает кадров

я остановлюсь пока на первых двух пунктах…

The theme smoothly goes into comparing different services and their ways to attract a client)))

google? it’s not a free service, it’s far from free, it’s not even free, everything they do is already done, and they took the payment forward))

blink -
1- excellent service for debugging and testing the device
2 is an excellent example to follow
3 - a good and not expensive tool for those who already have a resource for development, but not enough staff

I will stop until the first two paragraphs …

@Garry99

Not too sure if I got your point. Currently I’m working on a project and talking with some investors. I haven’t decided yet how I’m going to approach the market in regards charging monthly/annual fee for the app/cloud and/or an “one of” fee (product) this will be heavily determined by the initial demand/sales. BUT I’m with @Gunner and prefer the “buy once own/use forever”.

I believe the key thing to monetize your product using Blynk is to have a well defined plan, know your market, competitors and of course the potential.

Blynk is a good tool, I believe it’s fairly comprehensive however I still think it tends to the Hobby side of things but you can adapt to your particular application. It’d very rare when one would by a product, download the App and it will be and do 100% of what they want. In that case, do the app and tell your customer “that’s the app, it’s what it is”.

On top of Blynk, there’re the Hardware development, PCB is relatively cheap and easy but if you’re an “one man band” how you are going to assembly it? Freight? CE, FCC, IC, bla bla bla? Not to mention if you need a custom made enclosure.

We need to be realistic here and not “create this, pay $2000 per year for Blynk, sell 8974334672723 units, get rich” that’s not how business work.

я уже определился
буду использовать блинк как платформу для тестирования
и думать над тем как получить доход )
я сам и есть компания
и корпуса делаю сам для себя ( или покупаю готовые, универсальные )
и все остальное тоже
на нашем рынке НЕТ инвесторов и не скоро появятся )))
а пока у нас идет война - уезжать я не собираюсь, это не по мужски

I have already decided
I will use blink as a platform for testing
and think about how to get income)
I myself am the company
and the body I do for myself (or buy ready-made, universal)
and everything else, too
in our market there are NO investors and will not appear soon)))
but while we are going to war - I’m not going to leave, it’s not for men

1 Like