How to connect bylnk app,esp8266 and ardunio

As I was a newbie to IOT this was my 1st project need help regarding how to control the voltage through aurdino using PWM pins …the voltage should change using a mobile via WiFi module(esp8266)…how to interface these three components

1. bylnk app
    2)esp8266
  2. aurdino
    Please help me I need to present this project in projectexpo conducting in my college I had only 5days left

Do you have a working ESP8266 Arduino sketch (not involving Blynk) capable of controlling your voltage using PWM pins?

1 Like

Noo…sir…I don’t have it

PWM doesn’t change the voltage that appears on the pin, it changes how long that voltage is present for in a given period of time (the “Pulse” part of Pulse Width Modulation).

The voltage is being switched on and off between 0 volts and the logic level voltage for the board you’re using (3.3 volts with an ESP8266, 5V with most Arduinos) .

With an ESP8266 there are 1024 steps in each cycle (0 to 1023) and with an Arduino there are 255 steps (0 to 254).

Some attached devices will see the pulse width modulated output as varying in voltage between 0v and 3.3v (with an ESP) as they’ll be averaging-out the On time and Off time of the modulated pulses, so a pin with a 50% PWM duty cycle (512 on the scale of 0 to 1023) may appear to have a voltage of 1.6v (50% of 3.3v) but this isn’t actually what’s happening, it’s 3.3v for half the time and 0 volts for the other half of the time.

Pete.

can you help me out by step by step. projects aim is to supply different voltages to the circuit consists of a dc motor asked by the respective user through slider using blynk app,esp8266 and aurdino

No, we’re not going to do your college assignment for you.

You’ve spend ta total of 21 minutes reading time since you joined the forum. If you spent time searching for other projects which use DC motors then you’d have much more knowledge on the subject. If you then come back with a proper explanation of what you’re trying to achieve, what hardware you’re using and how it’s wired-up, what code you’ve tried and what results you’re getting - then ask a specific question about your problem - we’ll probably chip-in with ideas to help you.

You should be aware that connecting a DC motor to any MCU without some sort of motor driver hardware or secondary shield will probably kill the device.

Pete.

2 Likes