How does Blynk communicate wirelessly with my arduino

Hi,
I am wondering how Blynk communicate wirelessly with my computer ( that communicate with the arduino over a serial port).
So when i run the script (from the cmd) needed to use blynk, I dont really know whats happening next.
How is my iphone giving and receiving info from my arduino?..
I really want to know!!!

Thank you for the info in advance!

I suggest by reading here: http://help.blynk.cc/getting-started/getting-started

Please note the disclaimer on the page: Blynk also works … USB (:point_up: USB is not for newbies)

Hi,
I’ve already read that part in the documentation. But it’s not telling how does it works…
Does the script go get the info form the cloud via my computer internet , then my computer give and receive info from arduino and communicate back to the cloud?
It’s that part that I am missing

So you want an explanation of the Blynk system? It is open source so you are free to dig around the repo on Github.

The USB script file is essentially using your PC as a oversized serial-to-ethernet adapter :wink: That’s it, nothing more is required to understand in order to use it.

Arduino <–> USB-Link <–> PC <–> Internet <–> Cloud Server <–> App

Many Arduino users simply use an ethernet shield or an ESP based WiFi shield instead of the USB-Link as the USB-link is not really IoT mobile or convenient to having a device and sensors in a garden or some other non-desktop location.

Arduino <–> Shield <–> Internet <–> Cloud Server <–> App

The real smart users go with the more compact all-in-one type ESP8266 dev boards that connect to the internet.

ESP8266 Dev Board <–> Cloud Server <–> App

1 Like

Wow thank you @Gunner verry much for that really clear informations!