How can I solve Intel edison board Wifi problem via BLYNK?

Hello Guys,

I’m working on my capstone project which is “Quadcopter” and i am using intel edison board. My board goes offline while it’s already running via BLYNK. Quadcopter keeping the command that i give it via BLYNK. But its such an annoying thing. Think it just its flying and when the board goes off it keeps fly. But i cant control it :smiley:

The thing that i want to do is writing a control command if it is connected or not. If is not connected to Wifi or internet, it should go down slowly.

I can write the proper code about how to make it slower and slower till its came back. But i need to know how can i build the if command to do it? I mean how can i check the wifi or internet connection by code

The documents and the search option are your friends (along with Google of course :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

http://docs.blynk.cc/#blynk-firmware-connection-management

You might also search here for the words Fail Safe as that has been discussed many times… and basicly comes down to Blynk is really not designed for controlling robotic objects in motion that might tend to lose connection with the server/app

That said, it sounds like you are already a step ahead and prepared to make your device semi-autonomous to control such disconnects :smiley: :+1:

As per documents Blynk.connected() would be the command to look at.

1 Like

Well, I have solved the issue that i have mentioned by your help THANK YOU!

Now it’s working and motors are going down in 1 minute via my code.

Next thing i want to do is to find out if there is a way to reconnect the Intel Edison Board without re plugging the 9V battery which is connected to board. I have tried to reset the board with reset button but it’s not reconnecting. It is reconnecting if i re plug the 9V battery by hand.

Do you guys have any idea?

Secondly, I need to know if there is a way to reduce the delay that Blynk.connected() has. It seems it has delay.

Thanks,
GTY

I am not familiar with the Edison’s reset procedure… Perhaps there is something here that can help?
https://software.intel.com/en-us/iot/hardware/edison/documentation

As for the Blynk.connected() delay… apparently that is engineered into it, but read up this topic as you can modify a library file to shorten it:

It is an old posting, so I don’t know if things have been changed or if there is still a necessary reason for the delay.

I have realized that the blynk.Connect(); function works about 25-30 secs. I did what the guy you did which you’ve shared. I am still trying to reduce delays that in blynkprotocol’s has. If you find anything about them please let me know.

My fail safety code should work in max. 5s. Otherwise, there is nothing that the code helps. Quadrocopter going crazy in secs and 30 second is very very long. It’s not safe

Thank You,

GTY