Homebridge-blynk issues

@Dmitriy, I see you have forked and made some pull requests for the homebridge-blynk repo.

I’ve installed Homebridge, connected via the app and all that.

But im having problems with the link between the action on the phone, and Blynk.
It verifies a connection to the accessory, and siri turns on Lamp 1 etc as per the example… but cant get anything to trigger in Blynk.

I am testing using a remote switch I created a while back.

The relay is on GPIO14/D5 and I have a SWITCH button widget on V1.

This is my config.js

{
    "bridge": {
        "name": "Homebridge",
        "username": "CC:22:3D:E3:CE:30",
        "port": 51826,
        "pin": "031-45-154"
    },

"description": "This is an example configuration file. You can use this as a template for creating your own configuration file.",

"platforms": [
            {
            "platform": "Blynk",
            "name": "Blynk",
            "server": "192.168.1.2",
            "httpsPort": "9443",
            "token" : "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",
			"dashboardName": "REMOTE SWITCHES",
            "accessories": [
            	{
                    "name": 		"SwitchV1",
                    "widget":		"Switch",
                    "mode": 		"SWITCH",
                    "caption": 		"Lamp 1",
                    "pin": 			"V1"
            	}
            ]
        }
    ],
    "accessories": [
    ]
}

Here are some logs:

Installs fine

[2/2/2017, 10:29:00 AM] Loaded plugin: homebridge-blynk                                                                                                                   
[2/2/2017, 10:29:00 AM] Registering platform 'homebridge-blynk.Blynk'                                                                                                     
[2/2/2017, 10:29:00 AM] ---                                                                                                                                               

Loads fine

[2/2/2017, 10:29:02 AM] ---                                                                                                                                               
[2/2/2017, 10:29:02 AM] Loading 1 platforms...                                                                                                                            
[2/2/2017, 10:29:02 AM] [Blynk] Initializing Blynk platform...                                                                                                            
[2/2/2017, 10:29:02 AM] [Blynk] Loading accessories...                                                                                                                    
[2/2/2017, 10:29:02 AM] [Blynk] Found: SwitchV1                                                                                                                           
[2/2/2017, 10:29:02 AM] [Blynk] Initializing platform accessory 'SwitchV1'...     

I can sync fine

Scan this code with your HomeKit App on your iOS device to pair with Homebridge:                                                                                          

┌────────────┐                                                                                                                                                        
    │ 031-45-154 │                                                                                                                                                        
    └────────────┘                                                                                                                                                        

EventedHTTPServer Server listening on port 51826 +0ms                                                                                                                   
[2/2/2017, 10:29:02 AM] Homebridge is running on port 51826.

Here are the logs when I press the button off/on. Homebridge server sees the input.

EventedHTTPServer [::ffff:192.168.1.76] HTTP request: /characteristics +4s                                                                                              
  HAPServer [CC:22:3D:E3:CE:30] HAP Request: PUT /characteristics +0ms                                                                                                    
  Accessory [Homebridge] Processing characteristic set: [{"aid":8,"iid":9,"value":1}] +1ms                                                                                
  Accessory [Homebridge] Setting Characteristic "On" to value 1 +0ms                                                                                                      
  EventedHTTPServer [::ffff:192.168.1.76] Muting event '8.9' notification for this connection since it originated here. +1ms                                              
  EventedHTTPServer [::ffff:192.168.1.76] HTTP Response is finished +0ms                                                                                                  
  EventedHTTPServer [::ffff:192.168.1.76] HTTP request: /characteristics +1s                                                                                              
  HAPServer [CC:22:3D:E3:CE:30] HAP Request: PUT /characteristics +1ms                                                                                                    
  Accessory [Homebridge] Processing characteristic set: [{"aid":8,"iid":9,"value":0}] +6ms                                                                                
  Accessory [Homebridge] Setting Characteristic "On" to value 0 +0ms                                                                                                      
  EventedHTTPServer [::ffff:192.168.1.76] Muting event '8.9' notification for this connection since it originated here. +1ms                                              
  EventedHTTPServer [::ffff:192.168.1.76] HTTP Response is finished +1ms  

Anything in there telling you what the problem is?

Hmm is it something to do with the following being commented out in index.js?

BlynkPlatform.prototype.hardwareWrite = function(pinString, value) {
	/*var pinType = pinString.substr(0,1).toLowerCase();
	var pin = pinString.substr(1);
	var that = this;
	this.blynkServer.hardware(this.dashboard.id, pinType, "w", pin, value ? 1 : 0)
	.catch(function (err) {
		that.log("There was a problem sending hardware write command on: " + pinString);
	});*/
};

Can’t answer you right now. I haven’t use it for a while.

@Dmitriy this issue is still open in Github, any way to resolve it? Would be great to have Blynk work with iOS!
Also, since we can specify an API token, why can’t the local homebridge connect to the online blynk server?

1 Like

I don’t know. I’m not the maintainer of this plugin and have no time to look into it.

@jaspinder1 Really old topic :wink: Please note the time date stamps before posting, Thanks.