Home Automation with light dimmer and fan control

Thanks for your reply. The reason I am stuck with arduinos is my group had already stated in our project proposal at the start of semester. But I guess if we get the whole system working, it will be all fine, any way we attempt it. For this Wemos version, would i require 2 wemos, one for fan and the other for light? And is this similar to ESP8266?

The Wemos D1 Mini is an ESP8266/NodeMCU device.
You could control both the fan and the light with one Wemos device - it depends on the physical layout. If they are close to each other then one device may be more convenient, but if they are in different locations in the room then two separate devices may be better.

I assume that youā€™re using the Arduino/Wemos to drive a MOSFET via PWM to get the light intensity and fan speed you need? If you go for a Wemos then the output from the GPIO pins is 3.3v rather than 5v and PWM output values go from 0-1023 rather than 0-255 with the Arduino.

Pete.

Hi sorry to disturb you. I recently bought 2 ESP8266. I want to use the Blynk Bridge method, so that I could use the app to send messages to the Master ESP (connected to arduino uno, acting as hub) and this will send commands to the Slave ESP (connected to nano, with the nano connected and controlling the light).

But I am not sure how to configure the ESP8266 to do all this, since I cant get the wifi part working for Blynk Bridge.
Another problem is that the ESP8266 is not communicating with the nano, as the nano is what is controlling the light.

Could u please help me out. Thank you

Start hereā€¦

http://help.blynk.cc/how-to-connect-different-hardware-with-blynk/arduino/esp8266-standalone

Then look at thisā€¦

And consider having the Arduinoā€™s light control function completely replaced by the ESP insteadā€¦ thus no need for bridge.