Hidding widget using from hardware command

Dear @Dmitriy and the rest of your excellent team. is it possible or do you have on your plans, to implement a way that from hardware to give a command that will de-activate ( or hide ) a widget.This could be useful in case that we design a complete UI in app and then depending of the hardware, we can have a clear look for what is working ( from the UI & widgets ) and what is not supported from this hardware… e.x. the UI has a value display widget to show the temperature but in the current hardware there is not the particular sensor, that is know to hardware of course and when the hardware initialized put this value display widget in hidden mode or in de-activated mode ( gray color perhaps ? ).

What do you think?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Mike Kranidis

Hello. Already in todo list. However, no estimates for that right now.

1 Like

I know you are looking at an App controlled method (most App requests are ;)) but just in case you (or others) are unaware, most requests can be handled via a few simple commands in the code… for example, this:

Blynk.virtualWrite(V38, 21);
  Blynk.setProperty(V38, "color", "#00FF00");

Blynk.virtualWrite(V39, "Inactive");
  Blynk.setProperty(V39, "color", "#3D3D3D");

Gets you this:

Yes, you are correct about this but I see it as a workaround than a design way to “say” this widget is de-acrtivated and thus hidden or gray color for example… { think the same in virtual switched widget }

A simple logic flag and it would be “physically” disabled from action, if it was a button or slider.

Code isn’t a workaround, I find it a challenge that helps separate a user from a maker (that’s what I keep telling myself as I quiver under the covers, wondering why my code didn’t compile ;P)

1 Like