Help with Local Server update on RPi - failed after App update

I have a local server and after I updated the android app today I can no longer connect to it. I have tried the following port numbers and none will work

I have also rebooted the Raspberry pie and the blink server is working with my iPad blynk app

Have you also updated your server version? It is a package deal :wink:

Do you need/have port forwarding setup in your router? if so you may need to make the change there as well.

Haaaa @Gunner And I thought it was just me with the jokes, is that a clue as to where @Costas has gone, A package holiday hey?
I did try to update the server jar file but when I executed the command to start the blynk server it reported quite a few lines of error and the server did not start, I have reverted back to my original set up so at least I still have control using my iPad and I can also still use my android device by using voice commands which still work it is just the blynk app that will not connect to the server from my phone. All of the ports are already forwarded from my last project working with @Costas whilst Trying to sort out the are R C local thing. It is not that particular version of the server I am running. I put my old ST card in because it obviously has all of my projects on it which I was unable to import into the new build server that @Costas helped me with.

You also need to make the file name adjustments in the rc.local file.

Not sure if your issue has anything to do with the new port update? Are you still running the new server, or back to the old??

If you still need assistance, then I can move these posts to a new “help” topic to keep it out of the Announcement topic.

yes could you move this because i will need more help, i did edit the RC local file with the new jar version.
i am using my old build due to it holding all of my device projects.

my problem occured 5 minutes after updating the android app on my phone

thanks @Gunner

@Gunner is there any way of importing my existing projects into my new blynk server?
i ask because i should be able to change the jar file in the new version that @Costas did for me?
i tried before by importing the data file but it did not import the projects.

Everything about your account and projects is stored in the myemail@wherever.com.Blynk.user file, and daily backup copies of that are stored in your Backup folder.

The data folder stores all the vPin data but is not critical to transfer unless you really want to keep past vPin data, it automatically repopulates as your projects run.

So you should be able to simply copy the user file over to a new server… but I usually copy over the entire Blynk folder.

I’ve done it a couple of times in the past. Don’t remember exactly how I did it so I guess it wasn’t so hard :smiley: I think I just copied the files and edited the user via the admin interface so the Dashboard ID and username corresponded to the files. Kinda hard to explain so it makes sense :thinking:

Perhaps this can help you somehow:

thanks @Gunner i will try it tomorrow, it’s too late now

cheers and will let you know tomorrow if it works

many thanks @Gunner. All up and running on my new server, including all imported projects with email working and autostart, big thanks to @Costas for setting up the new server as well. Happy days