Help for EDGENT aplications

Hello everyone,
I have an application made using Edge, thanks to my friend Pete who guided me in several topics, it is working perfectly, today however, I tried to use the method for provisioning a new network on the device, as I already have the application, and then after reading the indications in the existing documentation, I tried using it this way:

To re-provision an existing device, tap on the device in the app, then tap the three dots in the top right-hand corner of the app screen. This will bring up the device information/timeline screen.
Tap on the three dots in the top right-hand corner once more, and this will pop up a dialog that allows you to “Reconfigure”, “Erase all device data”, “Delete Device” or “Cancel”.
Choose “Reconfigure” and this will take you back into the provisioning process described in the earlier section.

But the options didn’t appear the Delete , Cancel, or Reconfigure options, I think the latter is the one I should use.

What I did: I turned off the router where the device is connected and working, and I left another network on, I energized the board, and the blue LED instead of being in fade mode, it was blinking continuously, I imagine because I couldn’t find the network, so I followed the procedure described above, but I didn’t find the options, I should have pressed the flash button for 10 seconds to see these options, or as the device couldn’t find a network and blinked, and as I already have the application on my smartphone, the options between do they reconfigure?
I’m a little (very) confused in this regard, if anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Clearly!

Lets start by getting the terminology correct, you’re talking about Edgent, not EDGE.

Some screenshots of your app when you open the device, tap the three dots and tap the three dots again would help.

The alternative approach is indeed to press and hold the Blynk Reset button on the board (as defined in Settings.H for the board type you’ve selected). This will clear the provisioned settings and allow you to go through the “+ Add Device” process again.

More info on Edgent provisioning issues here…

Pete.

1 Like

Hi Pete,
congratulations for your excellent tutorial, I tried to follow and understand your explanation, I followed according to what I understood and everything worked correctly, another great clarification that I owe you, your knowledge and your willingness to share what you know so well.

I made a PDF to facilitate the understanding of the procedure, a memory aid, since we don’t always remember well when we don’t use it incessantly, at least it’s my case, I’ll also make a video, I’m not sure if it’s appropriate or not to upload the PDF here, that’s why don’t trust it, it’s in portuguese, since my idea is to share it with colleagues here in Brazil.
Once again, I thank you immensely for your help, without which I would not have been able to know what you have simplified for me today.
Greetings!
kwiek.

You should bear in mind that the process will vary due to the board type and what is defined in the Settings.h file, so there isn’t a single solution that will work for everyone.
That’s why I prefer to explain the logic behind the code and allow people to understand the process for their particular situation.

Pete.

1 Like

Ok, understood and noted here, congratulations and thanks again!
Greetings!

kwiek