[Help!] DeepSleep Door sensor

Hio folks!
New Blynker here going up with my first project and I could use an input on my wirings to
just clarify that I’ve gotten the electronics logic down.

About the project:
I will have this stationary at every entrance to my house, with an ESP8266-01 in deepsleep up untill
someone opens the door which is beeing monitored. The ESP needs to wakeup on breaking the magnets in the
upper right corner in the image. Stay awake for XX seconds no matter if the door is opened/closed again within that timeframe.

I’ve pieced this together from 2 different sources with similar approaches
here and here. Creds to the authors.

• NPN transistor will only allow a reset pulse if the device is already asleep (i.e. GPIO16 pulled high)
  • PNP transistor will generate a negative pulse on the reset pin if the device sleeps.

Will this setup work, or do I need to change my NPN in the circuit to a similar PNP?

How it will work, A-Z:

1. Door is opened, waking the esp8266

2. GPIO2 pulled high, GPIO0 pulled low, to read temp from DS1820B on RX pin

3. After XX seconds GPIO2 pulled low, GPIO0 pulled high, to read state of halleffect sensor on RX pin, this will determine if the door is locked or not.
    (apparently this US1881 5V latching sensor will act as “non-latching” when fed 3.3V according to a user)

4. GPIO0 pulled low, sensors are off.

5. Temp, lockstate and date will be posted to my Local Blynk server

6. ESP8266 goes to sleep untill the next time the door is opened.

Have I missed something in my wiring? Also since I need to pull both GPIO0 and 2 high at boot, will this setup for sensor reading work? Can I have pullups wired directly or should I have a sort of a “hold on boot” button that pulls them high?

1 Like

Really…? No one :confused:?

Tried reading your graph but - it’s too late at night for digital graphics of breadboards for me. I think that if you would post a schematics of this design, it would be easier to read and investigate, and since you are working in Fritzing, it shouldn’t be that much of a problem.

Probably this isn’t what you ware wishing for but it’s what stopped me while trying to help you.

I am thinking that since your question (and system’s logic) is more hardware (electronics) related than software (Blynk) related… it might be outside many Blynker’s purview.