Greenhouse automation with Blynk as interface!

Hi

I made my life a bit easier with an greenhouse automation system that I can control through the phone using Blynk.

See more about this project here:

4 Likes

you put lot of work into this project!
hope you can run it for a long time.

just an observation: you can find waterproof ultrasonic sensors on ali. here is one (not the cheapest, you have to search for better price):
Waterproof Ultrasonic Module JSN-SR04T Water Proof Integrated Distance Measuring Transducer Sensor for Arduino
http://s.aliexpress.com/MbMNNn2q
(from AliExpress Android)

Nice, tanks for the tip! I have been worried about those sensors because of all the moisture inside the tanks but so far they are working good. Will definitely look up this sensor!

i have used some of these. this model has the emitter and receiver in the same device, so they have a bit lower precision than the 2 dedicated unit types (especially for closer range, say less than 20cm). but they are much more easy to mount and the head unit is kind of waterproof). it is very important to have the reflective surface be exactely perpendicular to the head axle.

DC and moisture can make for fast contact corrosion, however a simple coating of dielectric grease or petroleum jelly will help there. Non-conductive, but can be used in plugs/sockets without affecting connections. I have used it with POE networking splices, running along edges of gutters to reach external antennas, etc.