GearBlynk - standalone app and widget for Samsung Gear S3 smartwatch series

I think I want it to work the other way , I have a reed switch on the raspberry pi and I want to update the smart watch when the status changes from open and closed

@gregbassett getting pin value will be one of next features. Should think of how to implement it in best way

@MrEd @Apollo10 new version GearBlynk PRO 1.0.4 has been added to Galaxy Apps store.
Import Token feature has been added. This will save you much time and nerves while adding new tokens.
How it works:

1. visit https://thawing-savannah-47017.herokuapp.com
  2. generate short 4-symbol code for your Blynk token
  3. open the app and go to Setup Tokens -> Add -> Import Token
  4. enter generated 4-symbol code and enjoy

Please note that the code generated by https://thawing-savannah-47017.herokuapp.com will expire in 10 minutes. If you get ‘code expired’ you can generate another code.

Thank you.

Great, it’s working.

Pls keep us posted.

Hello Sadmafioso, nothing new under the sun ? :slight_smile:

@Apollo10 hello. Currently no :sunglasses:

there is any way to have push button function in the app? :slight_smile:

@alecsm hello what do you mean? Each widget button in GearBlynk app click acts like a button widget click in blynk app. It sends user defined value to a user defined pin.

i mean to have the option to PUSH or SWITCH button, like we have it in the phone app. For example i’m using the app to open/ close a gate who needs an impulse for about 1 second to trigger the electric motor. I cannot use a switch button. In order to operate the gate now from the watch app, i have to press open then close (2 buttons) in order to simulate a push button :frowning: .
Thanks for reply :slight_smile:

IMHO you have to set a push button with custom delay in the triggers setup, because when u keep the button pressed more than 1 second in the widget, the app is asking if you want to delete or move the triggers.

Hi. As previously stated, i have bought a Samsung Gear Watch (LTE) just because of this app. I have also paid for the PRO version (GW) It works :slight_smile:
Just a few thoughts in case someone is interested…
Background: i run a local server with several devices.

So, my list in order of importance (for me)

• a status widget is more than required. i cannot stress enough how important that is. a simple led like will do. or at least the button to change color depending on status if a small LED like is too hard to implement.
  • a slider. you click on it and after that, from the rotating bezel, you set the desired value. touching the screen after setting the value should send that value.
  • vibrate IF the button was detected as pressed.
  • a longer time for executing the press of the button widget. if the press is not really short the command is not executed at all. if you press it really quick it works as supposed to.
  • ability to add widget screens per device. you have only 6 buttons and that is all. if you can add one widget per device the possibilities are huge.
  • one huge widget with only one big button on it. the color can change depending on status for example.

I can offer more ideas but i do not want to sound picky or to impose in any way. These are just ideas, but some of them are really useful and i really think they are not just for me.

I thank you for your work and i will stay tunned for any future updates. My personal advice: charge us 10Euros for it but make it more versatile.

P.S. Adding tokens by hand never was an issue for me. You will work
“hard” only once so i never used your token import feature. But that’s just me.

Thank you! You impressed me with fact that you bought galaxy watch just to use the app!
Your suggestions make sense. Just need some extra free time to come back and work on new features. Hope this will happen in autumn. You may also leave a feedback and rate the app in the Galaxy Store. Thank you again!

1 Like

I will rate it. Thank you again.

There is any way to backup the settings? Or maybe should be a good idea to log in (if it is possible) in order to keep settings/ widgets when the watch is reset or changed

Hello! currently I am working on this feature. But at first it will be rolled out in my another app IFTTT Hooks. Then it will be ported to Gear Blynk PRO app.
The export/import feature will allow to setup and test App Configuration on a normal web browser, then it will allow either save or export settings as a backup file. The user will enter a code on the watch and settings will be imported. I will post announcement as soon as it is ready! Thank you.

Hi there! Are there any news? Got this app working with my smart home, but mugur ideas are great and would be very useful

hello, currently all free time is spent on new project that i am working on. no updates yet. :cry:
by the way, import/export feature has been imiplemented on IFTTT Hooks app. If anyone is using it - you may try: https://091500.github.io/ifttthooks

Hola muchas gracias por el aporte la instalé en mi reloj inteligente Samsung galaxy watch 46mm funciona perfectamente con mis proyectos de blynk

Oh, it’s sad that you don’t plan any new updates for this app. I enjoyed it on my S3 pretty much. However, I’m going to look at your new project with pleasure. Hope that you’ll make something interesting regarding music apps for smartwatches as well. I recently found out that there are very few models that allow listening to music without troubles. If you are interested you can find here additional information about the best smartwatches for music. I wish you great luck regarding your new project and still waiting for new updates for S3.

1 Like