BLYNK
BLYNK.IO       📲 GETTING STARTED       📗 DOCS       👉 SKETCH BUILDER

Gauge widget "zero" centered... and more

Guys, what about gauge widget with ‘0’ centered, capable of correctly displaying negatives? Current implementation isn’t friendly for negatives at all.

ALSO, what I think, gauge is EITHER too large, OR too “empty”.Personally I’d prefer SMALLER widget, perhaps with slightly scaled down scale-line. I’m not a graphics-master, so excuse me words instead graphics.

1 Like

Doesn’t gauge display negatives?

Thanks @Dmitriy for looking at topic :slight_smile: Yes, it accepts negatives as min/max, but when set (for example) MIN: -10, MAX: +10 and the value received is +5, then the graph is created from -10 (the MIN), passing ‘zero’, and stops at +5. Not a real “zero centered” gauge display. A typical use scenario is off course an energy monitor, when during charging a current flows from circuit to battery, and the opposite during discharging. Sure, a gauge is not “a must have”, there is always a display widget… One can create even a “digital gauge” using LCD widget, but IMHO a gauge should be as real as it can be.

Other scenarios:

1. a pressure change indicator (drop or rise)
  2. a level deviation indicator (can be setup as degree angle)
  3. a voltage meter (with mcp3304 for example)
  4. etc…

As an example: A gauge cannot be setup the way the picture ilustrates :stuck_out_tongue: :

@Dmitriy, but this one is still not introduced/fixed. Look at the picture:

I was asking for it a year ago:
https://community.blynk.cc/t/gauge-widget-zero-centered-and-more/9962?u=marvin7

@marvin7 Please don’t tack your issue into someone else’s topic… just carry on with the topic you already have :wink: (I moved your post)

Yup… a bad habit… sorry

I felt you gonna do it… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The force is strong in you :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@marvin7 too many other tasks. sorry.

1 Like

Sure! It’s just a reminder…

JK @Dmitriy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: You work very hard, as evidenced by all the advances in Blynk :+1:

2 Likes

In the meantime… I can suggest something like this for your needs

Yes, I figured it out, but decided to left it just with numbers. Currently this project is N/A. THEY just burned the transformer powering it (a battery pulse charger) :rage: I know… If it was possible to burn the transformer, then this was my design fault. :flushed: