Firmware code

hi! good day,

I.m now starting to use Blynk Iot. The first try using the new system is fine but now when removing all the templates and starting all over again the problems come.

My question is whether the Firmware code is standard code I mean only the Template ID, Device name, and auth token including SSID & PW will be replaced every time I have a new template. because when I remove all the templates and start all over again I cannot get online anymore.

I’m using WeMos R1D1

First of all, you have Templates and Devices.
You create a Template and then there can be one or more Devices that are based on this Template.

If you delete the Template then you delete the Devices that are based on that Template.

The Template ID is specific to the template that you create. Delete the template and create another one and it will have a different Template ID, so the Template related firmware code (two lines) will be different for the new template.

If you aren’t using the Edgent example sketch, where devices and dynamic Auth tokens are generated in the app, then you will manually create a device based on one of your templates.
When you do that you have three lines of firmware code, as this includes the static Auth token. If you delete the device and create another one from the same template then it will have the same Template ID, but a new static Auth token.

Does this help to explain the relationship between Templates, Devices and the firmware code?

Pete.

sorry but when I tried the code on Edgent my mind will explode a lot of tabs.

so if I use Edgent on the example I will just replace the Template ID, Authen Token and SSID PW right? nothing else?

You’re confusing the issue by talking about two different things.

Do you want to use static provisioning or Edgent?

Pete.

First Ive tried Edgent and stop immediately and go provisioning.

Please forget provisioning I will try Edgent again I think this much easier as you explained

You need to use some sort of provisioning - either Static (where you hard-code your Auth token and WiFi credentials in the sketch) ir Dynamic via Edgent (where the auth token is dynamically assigned and you enter your WiFi credentials via the app).

Static provisioning is by far the simplest approach.

Pete.