Fimware for esp8266 esp 01

Hello , good day to you guys, may i ask, what is the official firmware for esp8266? (i had an esp 01, color black) because i already flash this firmwares:

1. ai-thinker-v1.1.1-115200.bin
  2. v1.3.0.2 AT Firmware.bin

In my esp 01 and download and use this library coming from github:
(https://github.com/bportaluri/WiFiEsp)
and try the example “ConnectWPA” and test> BasicTest provided in the library, now when i try to upload it in my arduino mega i always have a Timeout when i click the serial monitor.
In theConnectWPA code i followed the instructions:

#ifndef HAVE_HWSERIAL1
#include “SoftwareSerial.h”
SoftwareSerial Serial1(6, 7); // RX, TX
#endif

I connect the RX of esp to Digital 6 of mega and TX to Digital 7 but still timeout
and Digital 18 RX of mega and Digital 19 TX of mega but again timeout.
My hypothesis is maybe the firmware itself is the problem why i can’t use this libary from github.
Guys please help me , i don’t know what to do now. Please

There are lots of versions of the AT firmware but any of them should work for the example you are trying. If you are able to send AT+GMR to the ESP and it returns a version of 1.1.1 or higher then it’s OK.

There are 2 possibilites:

1. You haven’t wired up the circuit correctly.
  2. The ESP-01 might have a default baud rate of 115200 and Arduino needs to connect to the ESP at 9600.
    Try sending AT+CIOBAUD=9600 to the ESP, or AT+UART_DEF=9600,8,1,0,0 if you have fairly recent AT firmware.
1 Like

@Costas Look at you, troubleshooting an ESP-01 issue :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@Lesproux31 You are missing your gas mask :parasol_on_ground:… and look a lot like Steph :wink:

Are you aware that the Mega doesn’t use SoftSerial for pins 18 & 19?

Have you tried following any of the Blynk Help Center documentation or are we troubleshooting a non-Blynk related GitHub Library issue?

You can also try the Mega Serial1 example - https://examples.blynk.cc/?board=Arduino%20Mega%202560&shield=Serial1&example=GettingStarted%2FBlynkBlink - It is defaulting at 9600 but Serial1 will handle 115200 if your ESP is preset for that.

Ok sir , i’ll check the wirings.

baud rate is more likely to be your problem.

Someone taught me that i should connect the esp01 rx to rx of mega and tx of esp01 to tx of mega. i didn’t aware of mega doesn’t have a softwareserial pin. I just want to know if blynk had a firmware for es01 to use blynk library. I ask many forum about my problem but no one can answer.
And how do you know steph by the way ?

Blynk doesn’t have any AT firmware for ESP-01 That is an Espressif thing, not a Blynk thing.

Mega doesn’t need SoftwareSerial libraries for any of it’s three auxilery hardwaere serial ports - Serial - Arduino Reference

My connections:
RX of esp01 to RX of Mega (0)
TX of esp01 to TX of Mega (1)
CHPD and Vcc to 3.3 of Mega
Ground is to ground.

Pins 0 & 1 on the Mega are used by the USB port… use Serial1 pins instead, and NOT with SoftSerial… as mentioned a few times now… Seems to work just fine for my ESP-01/Mega combo :wink:

The code says:
#ifndef HAVE_HWSERIAL1
#include “SoftwareSerial.h”
SoftwareSerial Serial1(18, 19); // RX, TX
#endif
So should i erase the #include statement here? and hey how do you know steph? i’m just curious.

No voltage divider?

No sir, i haven’t .

For the trashy ESP-01 you need to voltage divider but better to get a real ESP.

Sir i had some fix and this is the result:

[WiFiEsp] Initializing ESP module
[WiFiEsp] Initilization successful - 1.3.0
********************************************** Firmware version > FAILED (actual=“1.3.0”, expected=“1.5.2”)

********************************************** Status is (WL_DISCONNECTED) > PASSED

[WiFiEsp] Connected to B315_3389E
********************************************** Connect > PASSED

********************************************** Check status (WL_CONNECTED) > PASSED

********************************************** Check SSID > PASSED

********************************************** Check IP Address > PASSED

IP Address: 192.168.254.115
MAC: 5C:CF:7F:69:B:45

********************************************** Disconnect > PASSED

********************************************** Check status (WL_DISCONNECTED) > PASSED

********************************************** IP Address > PASSED

********************************************** Check SSID > PASSED

[WiFiEsp] Failed connecting to B315_3389E
********************************************** Wrong pwd > PASSED

[WiFiEsp] IP address set 192.168.168.111
[WiFiEsp] Connected to B315_3389E
********************************************** Connect > PASSED

********************************************** Check status (WL_CONNECTED) > PASSED

********************************************** Check IP Address > PASSED

END OF TESTS
********************************************** Firmware version > FAILED (actual=“1.3.0”, expected=“1.5.2”)

********************************************** Status is (WL_DISCONNECTED) > FAILED (actual=1, expected=3)

is the esp01 working now?

I don’t… Google does :wink:

Most users here are male, so some new members use imagery to “encourage” assistance or get links clicked

Normally not a problem what your avatar is, but when combined with a fictional characters name and questions that have no Blynk related issues… as a moderator I just need to make sure our regular users are not being spammed or phished.

And on that note… this is a Blynk forum… we can help you with Blynk, not that other GitHub library you seem to be trying.

1 Like

No, didn’t use some “imaginary” people to assist me. I logged in using my twitter , apologize if you thought i am spamming this blynk forum and i had so many forum that asked the same question but no one can answer. And i will use now my true name :smiley:

1 Like

Looks like you need newer firmware for that library.

1 Like

@Christine Now if only there was a link (in green… way above - ) to official firmware somewhere…

and now here as well. I think ESP8266 AT Bin V1.6 should do the trick.

1 Like

Ok sir , i will flash a newer firmware now.

Don’t forget to set ESP baud at 9600 after flashing the new firmware.