Exception running server

I’ve been using blink for a while and wanted to try running a local server. Following the instructions, I installed Java 8 on a Mac, I downloaded the server jar, and when I run it I get the following… Suggestions?

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: cc/blynk/server/launcher/ServerLauncher : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:637)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:621)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)

Sorry for the autocorrupt - I know that it’s blynk, not blink

Hello. Look like you have pre installed java on your machine and it is not Java 8. You can easily check it with.

java -version

So either use full path to installed java 8 or remove old java and install new one.

Dmitriy, I’m sorry to bother you with a stupid question, but i’m not sure how to do what you suggested. I can’t find java 8 on my mac (even though the java 8 installer says that the installation is “verified”), so I don’t know the path. I also don’t know where to specify the path once I know it. I’ve tried learning the answer from other sources, but I don’t know enough about this to understand the answers. I’ve tried using /usr/libexec/java_home -V to find the location, but it only shows java 6 being present. Would you mind giving me more detailed steps? Again, sorry for this.

Sorry. I’m not mac user, so it hard for me to tell what is wrong with installation. I can only provide you with official documentation here. Maybe it would be better to remove previous version of java first.

It should be in /usr/bin (at least according to my echo “$PATH” output, it only shows /usr/bin from the locations where Java is.)