Eventor Event is not working on ESP 32 / Android / Blynk legacy

Hi community,

I have a quick question, which is probably quick to solve.

I´m working with the Blynk Legacy app and would like to to something very easy.

I would like to turn on a LED, when my IR sensor detects something in front of him.
But I don´t wanna do it “hard coded”, I would like to do it over blynk with a virtual pin and the eventor.
Note:I´m doing this over a direct connection over Bluetooth.

Here comes the trouble:

My Eventor is:
“When V0(IR sensor) is changed turn of gp27” ( here is an LED connected)

And I can see, that within the app the status of the gp27 changes as soon the V0 changes, but the LED wont light up, BUT if I do it manually ( button in Blynk that turns the gp27 on) then it works. So I have no idea, why it seems to work, but not over the event.

#define BLYNK_PRINT Serial

#define BLYNK_USE_DIRECT_CONNECT

#include <BlynkSimpleEsp32_BT.h>

char auth[] = "XXXXXXXXXXXXX";

const int analogPin = 4;  // Analog input pin D4 (GPIO4)
int sensorValue = 0;  // Value read from the ADC

BlynkTimer timer;

void setup() { 
 Serial.begin(9600); // Initialize serial monitor output at 9600 bps:
 Blynk.begin(auth);  // Connect to Blynk Cloud
 timer.setInterval(250L, AnalogPinRead);  // Run sensor scan 4 times a second
}

void AnalogPinRead() {
 sensorValue = analogRead(analogPin);  // Read the analog in value:
 Serial.print("sensor = ");  // Print the results...
 Serial.println(sensorValue);  // ...to the serial monitor:
 Blynk.virtualWrite(V0, sensorValue);  // Send the results to Gauge Widget
}

void loop() {
 Blynk.run();
 timer.run();
}

Did I do something wrong in describing the issue, or something else? Or are there no ideas to solve it?

We can’t try that, we migrated to new blynk iot

You better have to hard-code, it takes 3 lines code :thinking:

Thanks for the reply.
Hardcoding it, is not the issue here, but I would like to have the freedom of changing and adding things quickly via the app and therefore I didn´t hardcode it.

Additional question a bit offtopic:

I´m using the direct BT connection, because I wont have internet all the time. Is it correct, that there is no possible way of using the app when your phone is offline, even if its just Bluetooth which is direct connected?

I’ve never used Legacy Eventor, and I don’t use Bluetooth with Blynk. However, my understanding is that Eventor automations are stored on the server, and that direct connection is intended to use a direct connection between the phone and the BT device.

Is this a Home Automation project, or something different?

Pete.

Hey Peter, it is a Mobile-Home :wink: (aka van) automation project. This is why I´m trying to not be depended on internet all the time, since it won´t be available anywhere and then it would a shame if I could not operate /monitor a few things anymore. But good tip with the sever. I´m gonna see if the issue gets resolved once I go the “blynk online way”.

I hope its ok to ask again my question before: " Is it correct, that there is no possible way of using the app when your phone is offline, even if its just Bluetooth which is direct connected?"

As I understand it (and I repeat that I don’t use BT) you should be able to control the device directly from the app without any internet connection.

One option to consider is using a legacy local server in your mobile home, although personally I’d probably go down the MQTT/Node-Red route and use the Node-Red dashboard and/or use Nextion touch screens for controlling devices.

Pete.

Thanks.
I heard of node-red, but didn´t try it before. Thanks for the suggestion.