Eternet Shield + Arduino Uno

So i have a temperature monitor that worked perfectly fine at my home . But I went to school to tested it , the cloud will still be able to retrieving . But random heartbeat timeout is found , and also the mobile app just update very randomly ( not like updating every 2 secs when i am at home) . I think this is the server issue . Any suggestion ? Thank you guys

The issue will be your school wifi. They may have blocked important ports required for Blynk or just provide sub-par internet speeds.

The Blynk server is flawlessly quick so its your connection to the Blynk server.

Thank you for the response. But it seem to be still connected to the server. Any suggestion can be made? As I got a project need to be demonstrate at the school

@zostuy7 Just because you are connected doesn’t mean the connection is good. You can bring it up with the IT department at your school, or possibly try a mobile hotspot option on your phone (if you have that WiFi option in your device and a data account on your phone).

Blynk requires very little bandwith, so if there is a connection issue there is something fundamentally wrong with the wifi, so I’ll leave that out as an option.

If you want to make sure you project will work fine at school, bring the hardware there if possible on the same network, but 3G or 4G could be an alternative. Blynk should work well with lower speeds because of the small footprint.

However, what kind of shield/ethernet are you using? There are some that are a bit unstable, but if it works fine at home … it’s a matter of trying different things to figure when the problems arise.

There are several other threads on here, and many in the Arduino forums about the unpredictability of various Ethernet shields.
The shields I have just won’t work at all with one of my Ethernet switches (which is a Layer 2 switch) but work okay with other switches and routers.
I also have one shield that will randomly go into a state where the LEDs start flashing rapidly and the only solution is to press the reset button. There are also general issues with shields not initialising properly when the Arduino is reset, so needing the physical reset button to be pressed. A capacitor soldered across the reset button can fix this, but may the prevent code being uploaded.

I’ve almost entirely stopped using Arduino’s and moved over to ESP8266’s with Wi-Fi instead.

Pete.