ESP8266 standalone - Error "Something went wrong on server"

Hi,

I am using ESP8266 standalone with Blynk at least 1 month, but I got the error “Something went wrong on server” when control it. First I just thought it’s from blynk server down, but it’s permanence issue for week.
Please let me know why.

Thanks,
Dai

Hello, please give more details. When exactly do you get this? iOS, Android? Also please give me your login account.

Hi Dmitriy,

Thanks for quickly response. I got the issue last week. I’m using Blynk on Android, whenever I click on any controller (widget) to control ESP I got the message “Something went wrong on server, please report it on commuity.blnky.cc” that’s all I got.

Just try it on iOS, cannot control ESP from iphone but did not receive any message.

My login account quachtd@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Dai

Hm… Are you in sharing mode?

What’s the matter? I tried to explore features of Blynk. Now I took it Off, but doesn’t solve the problem. Btw: I’m owner of this project.

I saw related error in your logs. Do you have more than 1 Blynk app running at same time? Could you please logout from all apps and login again?

Hi Dmitriy,

There is only 1 app running at the time. I also tried to uninstall/install the app, but did not work.
I think the reason should be the connection to server as the error message mentioned.

Thanks,
Dai

I know the exact error. I see it in logs. But I have no ideas how it could happen. I’ll fix it on server side. But deployment will be not soon. So I’m looking for options for you to work with Blynk until new deploy.

Could you create new account and check if everything works with it (you may create fake acc. for test)?

Thank you Dmitriy. I’ll create another account for now, will update you.

I have the same problem.
Yesterday everything works OK.
Today morning, my provider YOTA had a problems with internet.
Now internet access works, but not for Blynk.
I could not ping blynk-cloud.com although DNS recognise IP 45.55.195.102
It seems the reason is on the YOTA side.
I work with ESP8266 and android phone. My login is kabron@ya.ru
What have I do to resolve the case?

Thanks in advance,
Vladimir

Blynk is down - they are working on it… :slight_smile: