ESP8266 don't work

Thank you Bastian,
Arduino IDE is a very poor editor.
I’ll take a look at PlatformIO, it seems very interesting !

Np, maybe I’ll start a thread for this later. Only thing now compared to when that piece was written is that the inclusion of libraries from certain locations has changed. If you add a library to the lib directory of your project, it appears to not use that, but the more general lib directory (which you can all set with environment variables), so do mind that.

I usually do library on a per-project basis since different hardware could require different libraries. Except for the very general things like Blynk, but Servo lib for example has different settings/library for different hardware platforms.

1 Like

Interesting add-in available for PIO…

Pete.

2 Likes

Oh, it’s my friend with the Swiss accent :smile:

1 Like

I think you’d better try @PeteKnight advice about Erase Flash - All Flash Contents, as your flash content might be corrupted somehow, causing the boards behaving weird.

Try with the simplest sketch to see if the issue disappears.

If you use 2.6.0 and up, your EEPROM location has been changed and check if this mod. can cause any problem for your boards.

By calling EEPROM.begin((((uint32_t)0x405FB000 - 0x40200000) / SPI_FLASH_SEC_SIZE), you might recover what you had in 2.5.2.
You would then need to close and EEPROM.begin() again to save it to the new location.

Sorry for this change, it should be documented for next release.

You can also try to add 4096 to the offset of your data, without calling .begin(newaddress) like above.

FYI, the rst and bootmode definition from ESP8266 Arduino Core Documentation

Selection_343

1 Like

Thank you all!
I solved the problem.
Nothing to do with blynk, no more with my code.
The ESP8266 was overloaded, which is why the same code runs well with an ESP32 faster than the poor ESP8266.
So I simplified my code, that’s all :wink:
I think to replace the nodesMCUs by ESP32, which is more stable and has more pins.
NodeMCU reach the limit :rofl:
My code reach 2500 lines divided into 20 snippets . :scream: