ESP8266-Arduino Getting Started

Awesome dude :slight_smile: Glad I could help.

If you have any other things, please via the forum because it will help other users too.

1 Like

The team here made some awesome examples for all widgets. I’d suggest you check those out first. There is also some nice documentation on http://blynkkk.github.io

I’m not exactly sure what you want to accomplish, but there are many ways to get data to and from your phone (see the GetData and PushData examples for instance).

2 Likes

@scropion86 @vshymanskyy @Dmitriy @jheee @Pretorien_cz
Here is the link to the instructable. If you have any questions, just ask it in the instructable comments section and I will try to answer it as soon as possible.

Arduino Uno+ESP8266 Blynk Tutorial link:

4 Likes

I follow your instruction, but it doesnt work, it appear
[20] Connecting to Dam
ATE0
[1030] Failed to disable Echo
AT+CIPCLOSE
AT+CIPSTART=“TCP”,“cloud.blynk.cc”,8442
[19] Blynk v0.2.2-beta
[20] Connecting to Dam
ATE0
[1030] Failed to disable Echo

1 Like

How did you resolve the “failed to disable echo”?

1 Like

Please search the forum. I remember seeing this issue already.

Yeah none of the previous posts have helped me

1 Like

hy . Sory for my english . i try to connect a esp with a mega (fake )and it doesn`t work . the program is working on arduino uno and is not working on mega…

define BLYNK_DEBUG
define BLYNK_PRINT Serial // Comment this out to disable prints and save space
include
include
// Set ESP8266 Serial object
//#define EspSerial Serial1
// This can be a SoftwareSerial object (remember to also edit ESP8266.h):

include “SoftwareSerial.h”
SoftwareSerial EspSerial(3, 2); // RX, TX

ESP8266 wifi(EspSerial);

// You should get Auth Token in the Blynk App.
// Go to the Project Settings (nut icon).
char auth[] = “ffffffffffffffffffff”;

void setup()
{
pinMode(13, OUTPUT);
Serial.begin(9600); // Set console baud rate
delay(10);
EspSerial.begin(9600); // Set ESP8266 baud rate
delay(10);
Blynk.begin(auth, wifi, “D-LinkDS”, “aaaaaaaa”);
}

void loop()
{
Blynk.run();
}

In serial monitor:
[19] Blynk v0.3.0
[20] Connecting to D-LinkDS
[1036] Failed to disable Echo
In ESP8266.h i uncomment this line

//#define ESP8266_USE_SOFTWARE_SERIAL

I tried the sketch you mentioned and seems to load correctly. Still having a problem with the built-in esp8266 module, cannot send any AT commands in the serial monitor and receive error failed to disable echo. there is some code in the sketch that looks up the software serial, there you have to input the TX and TR ports, but have not a clue what the values should be since the wifi was working out of the box (as I expected from an arduino uno wifi). I will keep trying and looking for a solution!

When you connect wrong the ESP8266 you cann burn the little board, because the arduino and the ESP is not working at the same voltage.
It could finally compile, but in no way could you connect to the ESP via serial because its destroyed.

So in this reply some people may have to check if its not working due to code or due to a failure on board (although its a working led).

Regards.