ESP 12 worked fine, now disconnects all the time. Server error?

I get the need for a physical display on a heating system. I went for a Nextion display, which I find I use much more than the smartphone when I want to see what the temperature is, or make a change. I only really use the Blynk option for turning the heating/aircon on when I’m out and about and what to come home to a house that nice and warm/cool.

100% agree with the other comments, bridged D1 Minis or NodeMCUs are a much better option.

Pete.

1 Like

@PeteKnight this is

fast shipping, with fr_aurora vendor , I usually order from him

1 Like

Too posh for me and would make many projects way too expensive compared with off the shelf products.

For me a 3 color LED would be my limit. Blue it’s cold, red it’s hot and 'tother color it’s about right :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Display is a must. It’s much faster to check status on screen than to find a phone, open an app. What happens when you lose internet. It’s really depends on location wordwide. We here in Croatia have awful internet connections and we lose connection often. I’ll check all suggestions. Did’n know you can bridge two modules.

Heh… I like them all. It just depends on what you want to do.

Mega & ESP-01 for massive IO and sufficient speed unless you are really pushing the timers and calculations… I am and it is still clocking along just fine.

ESP-01 solo for that wee little WiFi project that only needs a pin or two (or as Shield for existing Arduino projects that need a kick into IoT world, without massive rewrites)

ESP8266 (NodeMCU & Wemos) for both dev use or finished midsize projects

ESP32 (@oseloth Which is now as easy to install in the IDE as an ESP8266 and flashes the exact same way) for when you want a good combo of IO, clock speed and fansnazy built-in features (Touch pins, Dual Core, Multifunction pins, Ultra Low Power sleep mode). It is still new and has teething issues, but it is also the future.

RPi - pick a model based on needs… With my RPi3 nothing else I have can run as multiple Blynk Clients (JS & Python) while processing camera video, sourcing image files and running my Local Server, all at the same time (however, I do use the Ethernet, not WiFi, as I want my server link to be as solid as possible)

1 Like

You can do it physically or virtually.

Phones are so cheap, leave one by the project with the app running 24/7.

If I had really, really bad internet I might stretch to a 2 pin OLED display.

2pin OLED? I learn new stuff everyday. Can you give me model please?

I have several types that I bought a few years ago so I don’t have any links.

Ask Google for oled with SDA / SCL (4 pins with V + G).

Like 1-Wire, 2 pin is a bit of a misnomer… one always has to account for power and GND.

image image

Nice! Thx. I am 3months into arduino and IOT so I have a lot to learn.

what kind of radio are you listening to on 101.7 Gunner ? :thinking:

I think the station is called “Guns & Roses 24/7” :grinning:

Pete.

2 Likes

:rofl:

30-026967

1 Like

I have eclectic tastes… although I can’t think of any GnR tune that I particularly like, I think found them way too raunchy.

When I “tune in”, which is not that often outside of movies, I do tend to enjoy high energy music. Keeps the heart palpitating :musical_score::zap::heartbeat:

1 Like

I’ve been reading a bit about ESP32 and it seams it’s just like nodeMcu. So I am in a process of buying one for test.

the big difference is the dual core , so you can have 2 tasks at the same time and the 32 I/O pins.

It seams that I found out what was buging my nodeMcu and loss of connection. Few days ago, just as this started I was testing a wifi repeater that I need for remote location. As I left it on to work in similar distance as my wifi modem, nodeMcu got confused and it was connecting from repeater to wifi to repeater and so on in loop. I turned it off few hours ago and reseting stoped. So it might be the case.

to avoid this problem, you must name your repeater with an SSID different from that of your router.
I have 4 repeaters in my house.

Yeap, I would do that usualy but this was just a plain test to check something and than I forgot about it pluged in a wall. But I am still checking to confirm if this was the cause.

1 Like