Error with server 0.22.0 on Pi Zero w/OctoPi

Hi all, first off I’d like to say thank you so much for providing this awesome system for me to use.

I am experiencing a crash, here is a line from the log

2017-02-02 19:04:40.047 ERROR - cc.blynk.server.core.reporting.average.AggregationKey; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = -###################, local class serialVersionUID = ###################

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

Are you running the OctoPi as the client as well as the server?
If not what hardware are you using for the client?
Do you have the latest versions of the app and the libraries?

I will double check to ensure I have the latest version of the libraries, that may be an issue.

OctoPi is the server. 3 ESP8266’s are clients, all individually addressed.

Do you use the RTC widget?

Hello. This is expected error due to data migration. You may ignore it. It should disappear during next starts. Thanks for reporting :wink:. False alarm this time :slight_smile:.

I do not.

I have a couple of buttons, sliders, a menu, gauge and zebra.

I have updated the libraries and everything seems to be working well. I think this was a fundamental misunderstanding I had about the ecosystem, and it makes perfect sense, and it’s silly that I didn’t realize it. Thank you so much for your help. I will let you guys know if this is still an issue.

Just to note: The issue I was experiencing was the Blynk server would just stop running. I guess nothing got logged in the process then? or maybe I needed to turn on debug logging?

You can increase the verbosity of the logs but if the server is down you obviously not going to get any log data. It might indicate why the server went down though.

Yes I would like to do that. It seems the server died again. Updated libraries did not help :frowning:

The log verbosity is changed in, then restart the server.
How long have you been running the OctoPi and does it normally run fine?

Yes it runs fine. I have been using server 0.20.0 for the longest time and it worked fine. Recently I decided to upgrade and it started failing. I am considering rolling back.

I will report back shortly with what the output is.

Am I ever embarrassed.

I found that the system was closing when I was closing my ssh session to the server (I’m new to linux, still learning guys, sorry).

The reason the older server worked was because I had setup a cronjob on reboot to run the older jar. I pointed it to the new jar and rebooted and boom, everything is working as usual.

Apologies for wasting your time.

Time enjoyed wasting is not wasted time :wink:

You can make your life easier by using something called “symbolic links”. It’s the Unix/Linux equivalent of shortcuts. I’ve written a couple scripts (to be found on the forum somewhere) that utilize this to restart/stop/start your server (also for use in init.d at boot time) and an update scripts which automatically fetches the latest version of the Server and installs it.