Does the shared access still exist

Now,
Lets say i have multiple rooms in my home and each one will be having a smart device. Now i will be the author/owner for all the devices(5$ each). But i dont want Ex. the person 1 be able to control the other device at room 2 or even look at the other devices available. Is this possible !? (FREE VERSION)

Yes. You can make that person to see only “owned” devices. You’ll have access to this devies anyway as admin of the org.

1 Like

Will they have to login with the same email id as mine ? Or can they have there own email id to login ?

Their own email address. You send them an invitation to their email address.

Pete.

1 Like

This is only possible for plus and pro plans right ? So we Free plan members cannot taste that feature… ??

EDIT -

I just saw the pricing the chart and it states 5 users !! Is this what they are referring to ?
So if i have more that 6 devices that can only controlled by the person who is authorized to (Like one device for that particular person) then i will have to go for plus or pro subs ! RIGHT ?

You need to differentiate between users and devices, they aren’t the same and are handled very differently in the pricing plan.

Pete.

Its all bit confusing. I just started playing with Blynk 2.0 and I am getting many doubts and errors. I am not understanding the number of users allowed things… And what is the working ESP core for Blynk ? I am getting compiling errors. I was using 2.4.2 and it was the most stable one for me till date.

It’s very clear if you look at the pricing plans.

Try using a later version then.

Pete.

Just did that !! Code is not compiling !

In file included from sketch\BlynkEdgent.h:9:0,

from C:\Users\MADHUK~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_modified_sketch_113930\Edgent_ESP8266.ino:18:

C:\Users\**********P\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Blynk\src/BlynkSimpleEsp8266_SSL.h:50:8: error: 'X509List' does not name a type

static X509List BlynkCert(BLYNK_DEFAULT_ROOT_CA);

^

C:\Users\***********P\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Blynk\src/BlynkSimpleEsp8266_SSL.h:67:26: error: 'X509List' has not been declared

void setTrustAnchors(X509List* certs) {

^

C:\Users\*********P\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Blynk\src/BlynkSimpleEsp8266_SSL.h: In member function 'void BlynkWifi<Transport>::config(const char*, const char*, uint16_t, const char*)':

C:\Users\************ P\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Blynk\src/BlynkSimpleEsp8266_SSL.h:146:39: error: 'BlynkCert' was not declared in this scope

this->conn.setTrustAnchors(&BlynkCert);

^

C:\Users\********** P\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Blynk\src/BlynkSimpleEsp8266_SSL.h: In member function 'void BlynkWifi<Transport>::config(const char*, IPAddress, uint16_t, const char*)':

C:\Users\***********P\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Blynk\src/BlynkSimpleEsp8266_SSL.h:161:39: error: 'BlynkCert' was not declared in this scope

this->conn.setTrustAnchors(&BlynkCert);

^

In file included from sketch\BlynkEdgent.h:24:0,

from C:\Users\MADHUK~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_modified_sketch_113930\Edgent_ESP8266.ino:18:

sketch\OTA.h: In function 'WiFiClient* connectSSL(const String&, int)':

OTA.h:56:14: error: 'class axTLS::WiFiClientSecure' has no member named 'setTrustAnchors'

clientSSL->setTrustAnchors(&BlynkCert);

^

OTA.h:56:31: error: 'BlynkCert' was not declared in this scope

clientSSL->setTrustAnchors(&BlynkCert);

^

In file included from sketch\BlynkEdgent.h:9:0,

C:\Users\***********P\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Blynk\src/BlynkSimpleEsp8266_SSL.h: In instantiation of 'BlynkArduinoClientSecure<Client>::BlynkArduinoClientSecure(Client&) [with Client = axTLS::WiFiClientSecure]':

C:\Users\************P\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Blynk\src/BlynkSimpleEsp8266_SSL.h:192:83:   required from here

C:\Users\**********P\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Blynk\src/BlynkSimpleEsp8266_SSL.h:60:9: error: 'class axTLS::WiFiClientSecure' has no member named 'setBufferSizes'

this->client->setBufferSizes(BLYNK_SSL_RX_BUF_SIZE, BLYNK_SSL_TX_BUF_SIZE);

^

C:\Users\******** P\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Blynk\src/BlynkSimpleEsp8266_SSL.h: In instantiation of 'void BlynkArduinoClientSecure<Client>::setFingerprint(const char*) [with Client = axTLS::WiFiClientSecure]':

C:\Users\********* P\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Blynk\src/BlynkSimpleEsp8266_SSL.h:144:11:   required from 'void BlynkWifi<Transport>::config(const char*, const char*, uint16_t, const char*) [with Transport = BlynkArduinoClientSecure<axTLS::WiFiClientSecure>; uint16_t = short unsigned int]'

sketch\ConfigMode.h:389:84:   required from here

C:\Users\*********P\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Blynk\src/BlynkSimpleEsp8266_SSL.h:64:9: error: 'class axTLS::WiFiClientSecure' has no member named 'setFingerprint'

this->client->setFingerprint(fp);

^

C:\Users\***********P\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Blynk\src/BlynkSimpleEsp8266_SSL.h: In instantiation of 'bool BlynkArduinoClientSecure<Client>::connect() [with Client = axTLS::WiFiClientSecure]':

C:\Users\**********P\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Blynk\src/Blynk/BlynkProtocol.h:214:17:   required from 'bool BlynkProtocol<Transp>::run(bool) [with Transp = BlynkArduinoClientSecure<axTLS::WiFiClientSecure>]'

sketch\ConfigMode.h:398:15:   required from here

C:\Users\***********P\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Blynk\src/BlynkSimpleEsp8266_SSL.h:91:53: error: 'class axTLS::WiFiClientSecure' has no member named 'getLastSSLError'

int err = this->client->getLastSSLError();

^

exit status 1
'class axTLS::WiFiClientSecure' has no member named 'setTrustAnchors'

EDIT: REINSTALLING THE LIB DID THE TRICK.

Finally uploaded a code on to the ESP8266 and also used Blynk.Air to update a firmware.
I configured a zRGBa widget on the mobile app. But the same cannot be seen on the web dashboard. It that it or am I doing wrong ? Or are there any few number of widgets that work on web dash ??

Coming to automation part I created 2 automations for ON and OFF of a device. Can I get the set time on the device like we did previous like

t.getStartHour();
 t.getStartMinute();
 t.getStartSecond();

I am asking this because there is no timer widget anymore.
And what if the device reboots or the internet drops during the automation approach time ?

Lets say the device needs to turn off at x:xxAM and the internet is not working ?

What I did was, I used to write the time into EEPROM and the RTC module kept the track of the time. No matter the device’s internet dropped or reset, it was always working.

So what is the work around for this ?

@Pavel The widgets on offer at free plan is just tooooooooooo less. Please consider adding Step , Slider, Text input.

Even though we buy the devices at 5$ we cannot make anything based on the widgets on offer. And for home usage its not worth going for plus or pro plans. I just entered Blynk 2.0 and I am feeling so dark, I am not able to work around or think of anything new I can make. EVERYTING IS LIMITED…

At least give an option to even buy particular widgets(not everything, keep few exclusively for plus n pro users). This was you get revenue for the device and widgets as well.

I guess this is really a WIN WIN situation for everyone… Give a thought on this.

2 Likes

I think you can use RTC API for that.

You’ll need to SYNC pin value when the device connects back. (Until we implement offline automation)

Yes. This is called “offline automations”, it is under implementation right now.

Hi Team,

I am facing the following issue with the new Blynk IoT. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

1. If the WiFi credentials change, not able to update it to ESP8266 through the Blynk IoT app.
  2. If the WiFi is not connected, how to control the microcontroller manually? Currently, I am calling the BlynkEdgent.run() only if the WiFi is connected. In this way, OTA is not working. So First I am uploading an example sketch to update the WiFi credentials, Then uploading the main code.
  3. When the microcontroller reconnects with Blynk Server after WiFi comes back, it restarts.

Please let me know if you have any solutions for these issues.
Thanks.

I hope the “OFFLINE AUTOMATION” will NOT be a part of pro n plus plans. But removing the timer input n timer widget was a huge bummer. It was a very basic things to have. As said earlier paying 5$ per device I have nothing to play with… REAL DISSAPPOINTMENT.

Offline automations will only be available in PRO plan. We might consider returning time input.
Also, Automations are under design review as we got a lot of feedback on this feature here and from commercial client. It will be WOW ! )

[Free plan story]
One fine morning we will be left with a single widget called ON button from which you can turn on the device… but not turn off. Turning off the device is only available for plus n pro models. :joy::joy::joy:

Which we can never taste so it doesnt matter if it is wow or terrible :weary:

BLYNK is really starting to control people.

Is there still the ritual to keep the loop clean in 2.0 ?
And
Connection check to reconnect ?
What if the wifi or the internet is down ?
Will the code still works or the whole device freezes ?

I am going to do something strange here… and “defend” Blynk on (this particular) issue… :astonished:

Having a clean structured loop with timed functions and such is not about Blynk’s limitations.

Not doing so is an issue that affects all connected services, when running on legacy devices with legacy Arduino style coding structure: EG. Fast sequential code, punctuated with erupt delays… AKA the “stop and go traffic jam” of the microcontroller world. This method of programming carried on for years as IoT was just a typo back then.

But now, unless you have much faster devices, preferably with WiFi running in some form of multitasking process (and even then), a clean loop with structured and timed functions is the new norm for all methods of DIY coded IoT.

Of course, Blynk 2.whateveritiscalledtoday may introduce all sorts of paid for automations that reduce the programming needs of the end user. Personally, I say good on them for the effort… it is just not my “make it, buy it, own it” DIY style.

Now back to the origionaly shedualed topic :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

That might be a good idea, thanks! Will share your idea with our financial department. They’ll love it.

As always, the code stays open-source, so you can implement any logic you want. You choose whether you want to spend your time on learning how to code and actual coding/debugging or save time by purchasing something that already works.

During last 6 years we only made it easier to control devices, but I appreciate your humor.

yes, it’s called good C++ programming

You can do it with firmware API

You can check the connections status using firmware API and code whatever you need

It’s only you who decides how it works.

1 Like

Stop Joking.

I agree with @Madhukesh

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:.

Any documentation that we can refer to ? For all the questions mentioned above ? Like any example sketch !

Because i came across the same questions raised by someone n it was not cleared.

As always, everything is in the docs

Connection management : Connection Management - Blynk Documentation