Device selector bugs

bug 1:

• i made a project initially with 3 devices
  • added device selector widget -> it shows all 3 devices in the list
  • several days later i added a new device to the project, but the new device didn’t shows up in device selector list

bug 2:

• i’ve tried to delete and re add device selector:
    if i try to delete from device selector widget settings, it warns me that the widget is hooked up to several other widgets, and first i have to delete those. i didn’t want to delete the other widgets, so i tried to delete device selector with drag’n’drop to the upper right corner of the screen. this way i didn’t complained about the hooked up widgets.

so, now i’ve re added the new device selector, and AFTER restarting the app, the 4th device showed up in the list.

bug 3:

• the super chart widget which was hooked up to the deleted device selector it is broken now, i can’t select any virtual pins or device. see the photos:

2 Likes
  1. It’s not a bug. When you had added a new device - you need to go to device selector settings and attach the new device to it. I guess it would be incorrect to add every new device to an existing device selector.

2. Yep, we’ll add confirm alert on such removal for widget’s that needs this confirm. The third issue is a result of the second one. That warning was not about removing other widgets, but about moving them to other device/selector/tag (maybe we should make it more accurate). I’ve rechecked warning and it is confusing: we’ll fix it too.

PS please mark me or Dmitriy if you are creating a bug report thread

and where is that option in device selector?

if you have any new devices recently added (you have to do that first), they will show up as unattached

maybe it should, but it didn’t, even after several hours and restarting app, etc…

Hmm… I duno. I guess confirm latest version of everything… above test was on App 2.16.2 & server-0.28.3-java8 (which ended up being 0.28.4 SNAPSHOT)

there is latest everything of course, and cloud server. phone is android 6.

Yep, you are right, it’s a bug. We’ll check on our side.

1 Like

thanks. please drop a message when its corrected.

1 Like