Device offline connection status still shows error when connected

This is only for cases when the connection was not properly closed. That is usually only 5% of all cases. In all other cases it should show status update instantly.

I have noticed the same, but I’m using Blynk cloud, unlike @Gunner. Problem is still there after 2.19.1 update.

@zodiac @mugur what do you have in the project’s settings ‘do not show offline notifications’ option?

Update…

I was further testng, and noticed this ‘reversed’ offline notification issue on one of my little test projects…

For just over two minutes, the App showed as still connected, even after pulling power off device (it is on battery pack),

No, pulling the power is not properly closed, but probably closer to the reality of many issues :wink:

However, I also had that projects set with thess… so that may be a contributing factor if they also set some sort of flags in the server?

#define BLYNK_MSG_LIMIT 0
#define BLYNK_HEARTBEAT 60

Do Not Show Offline Notifications is set to OFF

App 2.19.1

Almost the same here.
Msg limit 20
Hearbeat 60

Do not show offline notifications is set to OFF.

It’s set to off.

Todays Android App update 2.19.2 seems confused… it is showing that my device os offline. Thing is, the project this error is showing on is running on an Arduino via USB, and is currently running just fine. (see what I did there - it is an AC current monitor… oh forget it…)

Actually, now I see that my RPi status is alternating between on and off line… but it is showing this status across all my projects, alternating with the status of their devices… Poor confused Applet :wink:

And it persists as offline on reopening the devices statuses list?

The actual off/online readings are accurate… my RPi was fluctuating until I rebooted it… so that part is normal now. But the fact that the RPi status was showing up on unrelated projects was the ‘new’ issue since todays App update.

Do you mean that on other projects with some other device they are duplicating the state of this one specific device?

Yes… that image I posted above was of an UNO on USB, but showing that my RPi was offline… i didn’t grab an image, but I also saw the same offline msg on all other projects ranging from Arduino Mega to ESP32

Strangely, this seems to happen ONLY when the RPi goes offline. Now, that RPi is the only project I have that is directly connected via Ethernet to the Server, so not sure if that has any effect?

Currently, I have no idea, but I’ll check.

Now that I think about it… this has happened a few times before over the months… and always the RPi status… it is just normally running 24/7 so I don’t see it much and didn’t think about it until actively watching the device status for this issue :wink:

1 Like

Seems, I’ve found the cause of this issue. It will be fixed in the next release, that should be soon.

3 Likes

Sorry for the rabbit trail, and thanks. No rush… apparently it hasn’t bothered me enough to mention it before :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Are u using js library? Because I often see that connect disconnect infinite loop…it must be some error in the library, but it looks unmaintained…

I suspect my code more often than not… I don’t use a lot of proper error trapping… mainly becasue I don’t understand it yet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Possibly because is it only used by aprox 3.43658 users :smiley: You and I included.

Today I had the same problem as @Gunner: my project was showing device status and device list from other, unrelated project, but now on Blynk cloud.

Same here.

This issue is fixed in the latest app’s version.

1 Like