Device is turning off after about a day

Sometimes when I recompile and upload the project, I get infinite “unable to login, certificate invalid” even though I didn’t really change anything in the code and it worked just fine a minute ago.

Different skill set :stuck_out_tongue:

Blynk should hire you. Are you at least getting compensated for all your contributions?

I’m currently rarely using cloud, but it never happened to me. Maybe others??
One thing bothers me: Why you are still using port 8441 for hardware? It is 80 for some time already. What library version are you using? Are you using SSL?

I’m on 0.5, I’ll update now. And see in the code, I just use Blynk.begin(auth, ssid, pass);

I can’t remember if there is any error checking in Blynk transmission… somehow I don’t think there is. Perhaps this error is the result of localised and temporary WiFi signal degradation?

I know that I have ran into connection issues at times due to local interference. I don’t see the actual errors as the devices are not hooked to a serial monitor.

But then I would have to follow rules :stuck_out_tongue:

I am constantly learning stuff and the motivation from positive feedback is extremely beneficial in my circumstances :+1:

1 Like

Ah, I missed that: Yes, for SSL it is 8441 by default. I don’t know, but if it is not that critical try to drop SSL libraries and use normal unencrypted communication. IT MIGHT HELP with your issue :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, yes… good catch. The overhead with SSL is apparently straining for the wee little ESP8266. The ESP32 might fair better… once it matures a bit more.

How can I disable that? I also rather not send my wifi password over the air without encryption…

Use #include <BlynkSimpleEsp8266.h> instead

1 Like

Why do you think Blynk needs it? You are sending only the auth token. The WiFi password is as safe as your router’s/AP security settings (well- not always 100% secure, but… you know… )

Those two are on different “layers” of communication - Blynk steps in AFTER the connection is established. The connection to router is within Arduino Core.

1 Like

It survived a day, so it was probably either SSL or updating the libraries.

How come the esp isn’t strong enough for SSL?

I give 99.9% it was :slight_smile:

1 Like