Correct DHT Library

Hardware model = Arduino Uno
Communication type = Ethernet Shield
• Smartphone OS IOS
• Blynk server
• Blynk Library version = latest

Hi All,

I am installing Arduino IDE in a new PC and uploaded a code with DHT sensor that was compiled and working in another PC. The same happens with your DHT11 scketch code.
In this new one when code is compiled I received many erros specially saying that DHT.h does not exists.
I tried many different DHT libraries, for github (https://github.com/adafruit/DHT-sensor-library) and from Arduino webpages and others that I found but no one worked.

Important: all libraries were correctly imported and appeared on the IDE libraries menu.

Error with Adafruit sensor library from github (DHT-sensor-library-master):

In file included from C:\Reinaldo\Arduino\libraries\DHT-sensor-library-master\DHT_U.cpp:22:0:

C:\Reinaldo\Arduino\libraries\DHT-sensor-library-master\DHT_U.h:25:29: fatal error: Adafruit_Sensor.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

exit status 1

Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

Error using DHT_sensor_library-1.3.0 from arduino.cc

In file included from C:\Reinaldo\Arduino\libraries\DHT_sensor_library-1.3.0\DHT_U.cpp:22:0:

C:\Reinaldo\Arduino\libraries\DHT_sensor_library-1.3.0\DHT_U.h:25:29: fatal error: Adafruit_Sensor.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

exit status 1

Were could I find the correct one to work with Blynk scketch?

tks

Reinaldo Lorenzato

The Adafruit library is the one that I use (but there are MUCH better sensors than any of the DHT range).
However, it also requires this library to be installed:

Pete.

Hi Pete,
Unfortunately it did not work.
I downloaded the library, installe correctly because it appears in the menu, but same error:

Blynk_DHT11_Moist_LCD_rele_slider_AVG_TEM_TERM_FINAL_CAPCIT_V1:6:17: error: DHT.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
DHT.h: No such file or directory

and I double checked the library and DHT.h file really does not exist.

This library does not work.

Tks

Doesn’t mean it is installed correctly in a way that works…

I recommend cleaning up the folder names (get rid of the master tag) and triple checking the contents.

From my IDE library folder…

C:\Users\Gunner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DHT-sensor-library

Gunner,

With this library I got another error:
Library imported ok

Files similar to yours

Error msg:

In file included from C:\Orquidario Imirim\Blynk_DHT11_Moist_LCD_rele_slider_AVG_TEM_TERM_FINAL_CAPCIT_V1\Blynk_DHT11_Moist_LCD_rele_slider_AVG_TEM_TERM_FINAL_CAPCIT_V1.ino:2:0:

C:\Users\Reinaldo\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DHT-sensor-library-master/DHT_U.h:25:29: fatal error: Adafruit_Sensor.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

exit status 1

Pete and Gunner,
I installed both and both are required. Now I could compile and upload.
Consider as solved.

Tks and nice weekend.

Reinaldo Lorenzato

1 Like

Smells fishy to me… but then it may depend on how your sketch is written, or your interpretation of the events, but usually the IDE will only pull the needed file from one library and specify such in the compiling message.

Anyhow, while this “solution” may not be of any benefit to others, marking this topic as solved.