Correct auth key, but still cannot connect

Hi. I have an ESP2866 S01 connected to an Arduino UNO and trying to connect to blynk.
I used the ESP8266_Standalone and the Blynk library of 1.1.0, but it gives “Invalid Auth”
The auth is the SAME as the one that is shown in my console…

It starts out fine, connects to the wifi, and in fact, displays some political stuff, and then it keeps not being able to connect.
I’m using Arduino IDE 2.0.0, and I could not find a newer library, one that would have blynk.cloud as the URL…

(Blynk logo…)
v1.1.0 on ESP8266

#StandWithUkraine some link here

[4498] Connecting to blynk-cloud.com:80
[166965] Invalid auth token
[184497] Connecting to blynk-cloud.com:80
(etc)

[Unformatted code removed by moderator]

Please edit your post and add triple backticks ``` before and after your whole sketch.

You should read this…

Pete.

Many thanks… It’s strange that the Arduino libraries do not have any newer code for the 2.x…
It sounds like Blynk has jumped the gun to disable the old servers before all their libraries were updated to the new version…

I’m not sure what you mean by this exactly.

The last library release for Legacy was 0.6.1
The current IoT library release is 1.1.0

As explained in the link I provided, the library attempts to support both Legacy and IoT servers, and looks for the #define BLYNK_TEMPLATE_ID "" and #define BLYNK_DEVICE_NAME "" at the very beginning of the sketch to compile the code for an IoT sketch.

This is explained in the web console screen where you copy this snippet of code:

so, for me this fits into the “operator error” category, not “Blynk jumping the gun”.

Pete.