Control multiple arduinos with one devise

Hello.

As I’ve read, there are two possibilities to control multiple devices from Blynk app

1. Dashboards. all of them has its own token, so we can pair each devise with dashboard. it’s not very comfortable in use when you need to switch between dashboards in one big project.
  2. Bridge library. Did not found any apnotes for this widget exept your example on github. (may be you have to make one or two to help people to understand it functionality better?) One device is specified as a “host” and connected to phone via webserver, and in it’s code we can specify any amount of “client” arduinos.
    To control client device we need to add port forwarding into host arduino code? For example, read button state from phone, and send in to client device.

I have a strange idea which can improve Blynk. Maybe it wiil be good idea to make token authorization not in dashboard settings, but in widget settings. In that way we will be able to make one dashboard with widgets from differrent parts of the project.

1 Like

Hi, right now this functionality is available without a widget. When we add it, it just will be easier. Please follow this example to try it out.

Also, check this thread on some details.

Yes, i’ve read it and used current realization of bridge function.
May be it’s not clear from my first post, but i’ve offered to make a token field in each widget (button and led and others). If this field is empty, Blynk app will use token from dashboard settings, but if we need to use the virtual button to control “client” arduino (or something else), we can insert his token to widget token field and do no use “pin forwarding” on “host” device.

As for me, i need it because i’m making smart house system and have to control 5 devices from one smartphone, and it’s easier to do from one Blynk dashboard. Yes, I can use “pin forwarding” through “host” arduino device, and i’ll do it, if there won’t be any alternatives.

May be I didn’t find what functionality would have bridge widget when you release it and your way to realize it will be better.

1 Like