Connection Error on setting up Raspberry Pi 3 on port 8441

Hi there I am currently having trouble setting up my Raspberry Pi to interface with the Blynk app on my phone I am currently Following the Guide as set up in the site using NodeJS. http://help.blynk.cc/how-to-connect-different-hardware-with-blynk/raspberry-pi/how-to-install-nodejs-library-on-linux. I am currently on this step of the guide.
Run default Blynk client (replace YourAuthToken )
export PATH=$PATH:/opt/nodejs/bin/
unset NODE_PATH
blynk-client YourAuthToken
However when running the blynk client on my pi. I get a connection error saying that it can’t connect to port 8441. I have read here in the forums that the port has changed to 9443 and 443 on the cloud.

Can I have a step by step guide on how to connect to the new port? I have very little programming knowledge and would really appreciate the help.

How about an example…

It was something I made after reading the examples in the NodeJS library… just with the newer ports:
8080 for TCP & 9443 for SSL

to get your blynk-client to work, run this command.

sed -i ‘135s/8441/9443/’ /usr/local/lib/node_modules/blynk-library/blynk-node.js

then retry your blynk-client command.

@vshymanskyy doesn’t work with 8442 it connect with 8080 port

1 year old reference to 4 year old code posting :slight_smile:

Ahh, how I miss the forum… not :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

But the forum misses you! :kissing:

2 Likes

Thanks @distans … boredom had played a part in driving me back, but I don’t think I can maintain interest (AKA patience :wink: ) for long… we will see.

1 Like