Connecting to Arduino from everywhere

Hi,

actually, I’m using a raspberry pi, on which a hotspot runs.
I can connect my blynk app via wlan, no Problem,
but how can I connect my IPhone to this wlan from everywhere?

Greetings,
GeorgBendemann

Hi. You need a public IP for your router and setup port forwarding from router to rasp pi server. And in App you need to connect to this public IP.

Since your public IP can change, what I did was to get a DNYIP name to have allways the same public address. @Dmitriy ports to forward to the raspberry IP are 8443 and 8442?

Also, raspberry is getting IP through DHCP, but if I reset the network it can have a different IP for the Raspberry… How can I give a static IP to the Raspberry?

@migomes

Since your public IP can change

It depends on your provider. Usually it is possible to buy/subscribe to dedicated IP that never changes.

ports to forward to the raspberry IP are 8443 and 8442?

8443 is app. port. If you do not plan to connect your hardware outside from local network to local server this port should be enough. But yes, 8442 is unsecured hardware port and 8441 is secured hardware port.

Also, raspberry is getting IP through DHCP, but if I reset the network
it can have a different IP for the Raspberry… How can I give a static
IP to the Raspberry?

In case you have full access to router you can directly assign static local IP to your rasp PI. How? It fully depends on router you are using, I think you’ll be able to easy google this.

2 Likes

Either use a reservation in your DHCP server (router, modem) or setup a manual IP address in your Pi which does not interfere with your DHCP range.

1 Like

thanks for your answers,
maybe i’m missunderstanding, but i’m not really using a router, the wlan is created by the raspberry pi